Automation Engineer - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #144
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma LLC has an immediate need for an Industrial Automation Engineer.
- BS or higher in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering with at least 3 or more years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of Bachelor's degree and experience in the areas of process automation and controls.
- Experience with estimating new projects .
- Capable of execution for automation projects that require the following skill sets:
- Hardware design and selection
- Drafting Functional design and SOO (Sequence of Operations) specifications
- PLC programming and scripting
- HMI (Graphics) development
- Test protocol development
- Commissioning and close out documentation
- Management of automation project budgets
- Mentoring of team members and automation staff
- PLC/DCS programming, process instrumentation, process control, S88 Batch programming, communication networks, and information management systems. Desire to have experience with one or more of the following PLC control system platforms:
- Rockwell RSLogix5000 and RSLogix500
- Siemens Step 7 and/or TIA Portal V11-13
- DeltaV, ABB, Foxboro
- Operator interface (HMI) development and configuration. Desire to have experience with one or more of the following HMI/SCADA platforms:
- GE Cimplicity and/or GE iFIX
- Rockwell FactoryTalk View Studio
- Practical knowledge including specifying, implementing and configuring networked VFD’s (Variable Frequency Drives)
- Experience with specifying and/or implementing data acquisition/historian systems, such as OSI PI, Wonderware Historian, or other similar types of data acquisition systems.
- Design and development of instrument and control system panels using Autocad, or at least experience using Autocad is highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable in UL 508A design for industrial control panels. Knowledge of UL698A is a plus.
- Experience with field startup/commissioning and support calls to customer sites.
- Experience with specifying instrumentation solutions is a plus
- Experience with structured text programming (i.e. C++, Java, VisualBasic, etc.) is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills (i.e. specification development, customer and internal correspondence).
- Local travel will be required including occasional trips outside of California.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- San Jose, CA, USA