Controls Project Manager - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #51
Monday, May 16, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma’s Controls team is in an immediate need of a Project Manager! Do you have experience working with Controls Systems? Are you organized, and detail orientated? If so, we need you!
The Controls Project Manager will be responsible for both pre and post-sale functions. This role will assist the sales team in developing a scope of work and estimating the costs associated with a project. Post-sale they will coordinate the planning, installation, programming and commission of control systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales Leads Generation
- Job Estimating for field activities (installation & commissioning) AND controls hardware/software
- Generation of Estimating and Engineering Design Templates
- Project Management of existing controls projects
- Coordination of field personnel
- Configuration of CONTROL SYSTEM based on typical bid documentation and industry std practices
- BACnet and LONworks experience
- Niagara AX Certified a plus
- Previous design experience as a Controls Project Engineer a plus
- Experience with LEED projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Under general supervision, develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to insure timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks.
- Leadership of client meetings and development of contracts to finalize sales, and maintains positive relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors, and industry contacts.
- Develops and updates project implementation plans, coordinating resources to insure timely and cost-effective installation and completion of assigned projects or tasks. Completion of concept engineering, as well as creating full and complete project estimates, drafting written proposal responses and contracts.
- Insures profitable completion of each project or task. Effectively manages cash, cost and billing. Consistently produces billings in a timely and accurate manner in format required by our customers and ensures that billings are clearly communicated to our customers. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow. Understands and provides input on cost allocation to financial reporting systems. Effectively communicates financial status to management.
- Manages and provides documentation for the project file including correspondence, requests for information and timelines. High quality communication adhering to company standards.
- Manages the engineering job process to include coordination with controls engineering team activities. When required by the field management will configure, design and engineer systems in the most cost-effective manner while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction. As needed will customize standard software from controls team or existing standards library. Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, codes, material, installation techniques and safety activities. Responsible for customer approval of detailed job.
- Position requires associate degree or equivalent in engineering and/or a certificate in HVAC and 3-5 years related PM experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience in AutoCAD, Visio and database software and familiarity with the concepts of design build, new construction, renovation/retrofit; performance contracting.
- Tridium, Modbus programming experience, Niagara Ax, Java and Object-Oriented Programming experience, R2, HVAC Controls or Building Automation configuration and interface and advanced competency in computer networking and client/server environments a plus.
- This individual must also be flexible enough to work with a small department that is effectively in “start-up” mode and will need to work on a variety of tasks to help the department perform tasks typically associated only with Controls Engineers or PM assistants.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA