Project Engineer - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #86
Thursday, May 12, 2022
Therma, a Therma Holdings company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma LLC has an immediate need for a Project Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and project management with the overall planning & scheduling, resource allocation and project accounting. Previous experience working in the Construction industry is highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
- Ability to maintain a strong relationship with GC’s and Owners.
- Assist in gathering the best pricing and on-time delivery of materials from vendors.
- Ability to assist in managing: schedule, billings, submittals, RFI’s & change orders, select and monitor subs.
- Pre-Construction administrative duties.
- Submittal Management
- COR/CO Management
- Schedule Updates
- Meeting preparation and participation for all relevant project meetings.
- Project Reporting Management
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the project management team.
- Assist with the development of project documentation.
- Assist with project estimating by reviewing Specifications, Instructions to Bidders and Construction Drawings.
- Identify and assist in generating pre-bid Requests for Information.
- Track project issues and communicate with the project manager.
- Prepare project closeout documents and internal work documents.
- Order and track material.
- Assist in selection of materials for purchase.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate prices with vendors and suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and ensure approval from Project Managers.
- Experience working for an HVAC or Plumbing Mechanical Contractor on large commercial projects strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the construction industry preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or related construction degree strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- ORGANIZED: Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- AGILE: Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
About Therma Holdings
Therma Holdings (“Therma”) is an integrated energy solutions provider that is accelerating the energy transition in the built environment. Our company’s core services help clients achieve their energy objectives, principally with respect to reliability and resiliency, decarbonization, and cost savings.
Key services include:
- environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) strategic advisory services
- consulting engineering, with a focus on high performance, sustainable design
- construction of energy efficiency, MEP, and renewable generation projects
- alternative delivery solutions such as performance contracting and Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”)
Therma services a highly diverse set of customers and end-markets, including technology & data centers, government & defense, semiconductors, healthcare, biopharma, higher education and K-12 schools, commercial real estate, manufacturing, and agricultural / process industries, among others. Example clients include Amazon, Siemens, Apple, Google, Cargill, Tesla, Kellogg’s, Intel, Facebook, U.S. Air Force, Stanford University, Genentech, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai Hospital, among many others.
Therma has 3,250+ employees and 30+ offices across the United States, and is owned by Blackstone, one the largest alternative asset managers in the world with $731 billion of assets under management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies. Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA