Project Manager - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #24
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Therma, a Therma Holdings company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma has an immediate need for an experienced Project Manager who will be based out of the San Francisco Bay Area and who enjoys the challenge of unique designs, projects and deadlines. This position requires the ability to run jobs big and small, coordinate multiple jobs simultaneously, while also providing leadership to large project teams. The Project Manager works with customers to develop the scope of work, budgeting and estimating costs, and oversees preparation of documents and mechanical, piping, and plumbing project plans. The Project Manager assists in procurement of equipment and materials and is responsible for reviewing, reporting, and projecting all project costs. The position is responsible for managing project roles and identifying and coordinating resource requirements. The most important aspect of the job is to provide customer satisfaction. The Project Manager ensures effective communications and assures relationships between customers and project team members are maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains professional communications with co-workers and clients
- Makes sales contacts, researches customer needs and follows up on sales leads
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients, assures client satisfaction
- Coordinate utilize and lead staff from all departments as needed for projects, through the entirety of project.
- Prepare budget projections and control costs. Provide communications including memos, contracts, change orders, strategies and the like to ensure best practices and legal protection.
- Meet established revenue and profit goals
- Attend client project meetings
- Establish, manage and provide leadership to job/project team
- Facilitates and troubleshoots problems associated with project
- Purchase materials and equipment as needed
- Maintains control and accurate projections of project costs
- Provides department leadership by example and mentoring
- Supports accountability for individual projects as well as MEP department in general
- Maintains and follows established Therma Project Management procedures
- 8-10 years’ experience as a Project Manager in HVAC / Plumbing industry.
- Ability to operate independently and autonomously, and yet possess the discretionary judgment to know when it's appropriate to consult with others in the organization
- Proficient on MS Office Suite
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Developed presentation skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Team Player
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Creative use of skills and resources to get the job done
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but not required
- Current licensed PE preferred, but not required
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
About Therma Holdings
Therma Holdings (“Therma”) is an integrated energy solutions provider that is accelerating the energy transition in the built environment. Our company’s core services help clients achieve their energy objectives, principally with respect to reliability and resiliency, decarbonization, and cost savings.
Key services include:
- environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) strategic advisory services
- consulting engineering, with a focus on high performance, sustainable design
- construction of energy efficiency, MEP, and renewable generation projects
- alternative delivery solutions such as performance contracting and Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”)
Therma services a highly diverse set of customers and end-markets, including technology & data centers, government & defense, semiconductors, healthcare, biopharma, higher education and K-12 schools, commercial real estate, manufacturing, and agricultural / process industries, among others. Example clients include Amazon, Siemens, Apple, Google, Cargill, Tesla, Kellogg’s, Intel, Facebook, U.S. Air Force, Stanford University, Genentech, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai Hospital, among many others.
Therma has 3,250+ employees and 30+ offices across the United States, and is owned by Blackstone, one the largest alternative asset managers in the world with $731 billion of assets under management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies. Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Jose, CA, USA