Plumbing Engineer - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #244
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma is currently seeking an experienced Plumbing Engineer to manage project budgets, design and implement plumbing systems, and collaborate with various teams assigned to a project. As a Plumbing Engineer, you will operate with various departments to develop all construction and electrical specifications for all plumbing projects. Expertise in Excel, AutoCAD/ Bluebeam is essential. LEED certification and/or Revit experience will be a plus
As a plumbing engineer, you will monitor and conduct tests on different materials and equipment, maintain knowledge on all product specifications and ensure compliance with all required standards.
Plumbing Engineer Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers to develop designs, calculate constructions, and select appropriate installation equipment and systems.
- Serve as lead (primary responsible) Engineer on projects as assigned.
- Perform routine inspection of all equipment and components, and assist in fabrication if needed
- Evaluate all design drawings according to required quality regulations.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance reviews on projects
- Drafting technical documentation
- Providing training and mentoring to junior engineering staff
- Provide technical support for fabrication and field operations
- Field verify site conditions as required
- Attend jobsite meetings as needed
- Other duties or projects as required or assigned
Plumbing Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in plumbing design.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree.
- Experience in a variety of commercial projects (like biotech, semiconductor, educational, etc..)
- Experience in conceptual and detailed design for new-construction and TI projects is required.
- Proven ability to lead teams and manage projects successfully.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing design and corresponding terminology.
- Excellent ability to read, interpret, and implement plumbing design documentation.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance, and prioritize work.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- AutoCAD and REVIT software experience
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- San Jose, CA, USA