Mechanical Engineer - Therma
1601 Las Plumas Ave, San Jose, CA 95133, USA Req #235
Thursday, May 5, 2022
Therma, a Therma Holdings company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Looking for a new challenge? Therma is in search of a Mechanical/Process Engineer who can leverage their unique talent and point of view to redefine what’s possible through the power of teamwork and collaboration.
This position will be primarily responsible for the oversight of successful HVAC projects.
About the Role
Therma’s design-build engineering team is looking for a highly motivated senior mechanical engineer. Must have BSME with a minimum of 3 years design-build (or 5 years consulting) experience in a variety of commercial projects (like biotech, semiconductor, educational, etc..). Experience in conceptual and detailed design for new-construction and TI projects is required. Knowledge of a variety of mechanical systems, specifications, and controls is required. Must have strong verbal & written communication skills. Expertise in Excel, AutoCAD/ Bluebeam is essential. LEED certification and/or Revit experience will be a plus
- Calculate heat loss/heat gain requirements for buildings
- Layout of mechanical systems using AutoCAD and/or REVIT software
- Field verify site conditions as required
- Coordinate system design with other trades
- Attend jobsite meetings as needed
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts as they arise
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2 year minimum HVAC design experience
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- AutoCAD and REVIT software experience
- Navisworks and/or Sysque software experience
- Piping and/or sheet metal fabrication experience
- Plumbing systems design experience
- P.E. or E.I.T
- Cost estimation experience
- Trane Trace experience
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
About Therma Holdings
Therma Holdings (“Therma”) is an integrated energy solutions provider that is accelerating the energy transition in the built environment. Our company’s core services help clients achieve their energy objectives, principally with respect to reliability and resiliency, decarbonization, and cost savings.
Key services include:
- environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) strategic advisory services
- consulting engineering, with a focus on high performance, sustainable design
- construction of energy efficiency, MEP, and renewable generation projects
- alternative delivery solutions such as performance contracting and Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”)
Therma services a highly diverse set of customers and end-markets, including technology & data centers, government & defense, semiconductors, healthcare, biopharma, higher education and K-12 schools, commercial real estate, manufacturing, and agricultural / process industries, among others. Example clients include Amazon, Siemens, Apple, Google, Cargill, Tesla, Kellogg’s, Intel, Facebook, U.S. Air Force, Stanford University, Genentech, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai Hospital, among many others.
Therma has 3,250+ employees and 30+ offices across the United States, and is owned by Blackstone, one the largest alternative asset managers in the world with $731 billion of assets under management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies. Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 1601 Las Plumas Ave, San Jose, CA 95133, USA