CAD Drafter - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #220
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Therma, a Therma Holdings company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma is seeking an Architectural Sheet Metal Drafter that will use specifications to create detailed drawings for buildings and structures.
- Uses computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to create full-scale and detailed designs of buildings and interiors from an architect’s rough drawings.
- Create Drawings and Bills of Materials required to support customers in production on a per order basis.
- Studies building codes and regulations and determines how they will affect designs.
- Organizes sheet metal shop drawings, architectural, structural and mechanical designs.
- Draws plans for buildings, and structures based on instructions provided by engineers and architects.
- Visits jobsites to gather data needed to complete designs.
- Determines the types of materials needed and calculates the quantity to be ordered.
- Working with an architect, engineer, field crews, generates costs estimates, and other documents required for individual projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work with the team to develop shop drawings for fabrication.
- Extensive knowledge of CAD software and other architectural drafting tools.
- Office 365 apps.
- 2D development drawings a must.
- 3D design and development a plus.
- Understanding in design of sheet metal, structural fabrication and welding.
- Organized - Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- Problem-Solving- Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- Agile - Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
- Design – Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles related to service.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
About Therma Holdings
Therma Holdings (“Therma”) is an integrated energy solutions provider that is accelerating the energy transition in the built environment. Our company’s core services help clients achieve their energy objectives, principally with respect to reliability and resiliency, decarbonization, and cost savings.
Key services include:
- environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) strategic advisory services
- consulting engineering, with a focus on high performance, sustainable design
- construction of energy efficiency, MEP, and renewable generation projects
- alternative delivery solutions such as performance contracting and Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”)
Therma services a highly diverse set of customers and end-markets, including technology & data centers, government & defense, semiconductors, healthcare, biopharma, higher education and K-12 schools, commercial real estate, manufacturing, and agricultural / process industries, among others. Example clients include Amazon, Siemens, Apple, Google, Cargill, Tesla, Kellogg’s, Intel, Facebook, U.S. Air Force, Stanford University, Genentech, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai Hospital, among many others.
Therma has 3,250+ employees and 30+ offices across the United States, and is owned by Blackstone, one the largest alternative asset managers in the world with $731 billion of assets under management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies
Therma Holdings and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies. Therma Holdings and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA