HVAC Mechanical Engineer - Yearout
Albuquerque, NM, USA Req #291
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Yearout Mechanical, a Legence company
Yearout Mechanical is a New Mexico based company specializing in the installation of mechanical and process systems for the commercial, government, manufacturing and industrial communities of New Mexico and Texas. Since our incorporation in August of 1964, Yearout Mechanical has consistently grown and expanded its capabilities, reaching its present position as the premier mechanical contractor in New Mexico. Our mission is to be invaluable to our partners (clients, vendors, industry, and employees) so they cannot imagine success without us, by providing comfortable, reliable and efficient mechanical systems that meet our partners’ needs.
Looking for a new challenge? Yearout Mechanical is in search of a Mechanical /Process Engineer who can leverage their unique talent and point of view to redefine what’s possible through the power of teamwork and collaboration.
This position will be primarily responsible for the oversight of successful HVAC projects.
About the Role
Yearout’s design-build engineering team is looking for a highly motivated senior mechanical engineer. Must have BSME with a minimum of 3 years design-build (or 5 years consulting) experience in a variety of commercial projects (like healthcare, higher education, gaming etc..). Experience in conceptual and detailed design for new-construction and TI projects is required. Knowledge of a variety of mechanical systems, specifications, and controls is required. Must have strong verbal & written communication skills. Expertise in Excel, AutoCAD/ Bluebeam is essential. LEED certification and/or Revit experience will be a plus
- Generate and present conceptual pricing for design build / assist opportunities.
- Develop and select mechanical and plumbing systems appropriate for project type and budget.
- Provide guidance and justifications for system selections and appropriate load sizing of mechanical and plumbing equipment utilizing industry standard software and / or generally recognized calculation methods.
- Develop and submit proposal, clarifications, and any other supporting documentation required.
- Update project cost estimates periodically as design progresses.
- Direct and manage design-build and design-assist activities for awarded projects until projects are turned over to operations
- Direct and manage estimator assignments in support of design build cost efforts
- Maintain liaison with owners, architects, design teams, subcontractors and suppliers, to facilitate development of designs within budgetary constraints
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key client and design community personnel that will provide more opportunity for project involvement and the opportunity for future work.
- Generate & present value engineering concepts to design teams for consideration as alternatives to the project stated design direction.
- Support construction activities at project hand-off to operations and during critical junctures after hand-off to assist projects are built on schedule and within budget
- Layout of mechanical systems
- Field verify site conditions as required
- Attend jobsite meetings as needed
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts as they arise
- Maintain and develop customer relationships
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 year minimum HVAC design experience
- Knowledge of HVAC systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- AutoCAD and REVIT software experience
- Navisworks software experience
- Piping and/or sheet metal fabrication experience
- Plumbing systems design experience
- P.E. or E.I.T
- Cost estimation experience
- Trane Trace experience
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Albuquerque, NM, USA