Centrifugal Chiller Technician - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #52
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma has an immediate need for an experienced Centrifugal Chiller Technician, to be based out of our San Jose, CA office, who enjoys the challenge of unique designs, projects and deadlines. This position requires the ability to manage accounts big and small, and coordinate multiple jobs simultaneously. Our technicians will be expected to diagnose and repair equipment. As well as install new equipment or maintain existing equipment. Our technicians should have excellent communication skills to be able to effectively communicate updates to our customers and the project team
For All Chiller Manufacturer; Things a person in this role should know for water and air-cool chillers:
- Solid understanding of what surging is and what it takes to control it.
- Perform Annuals for air and water cool.
- Perform Repairs for air and water cool.
- Reciprocating, screw and centrifugal repair experience
- Have performed internal chiller repairs (shaft seal, prv control shaft, motor and compressor repairs etc.) If possible, at least one tear down.
- Have performed external repairs and calibration for high and low pressure chillers. ( VFD or VSD drive, PRV actuator and potentiometer, low pressure chiller “purge unit”, transducers Sensors.)
- Have a good habit of logging chillers
- Represent the company by learning to serve as the direct customer contact and be responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing, and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s project location.
- Coordinates with project team and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installations and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work. This includes following direct verbal instruction from supervisor
- Communicate clearly and concisely with team to ensure accurate turnover of acquired data.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility in working schedule. It is expected that occasional overtime and/or weekend work will be required.
- Must be competent with basic hand tools (i.e.-tape measure, hand drill, calculator, construction related basic tools).
- Must be capable of climbing ladders and performing work at elevated heights and/or platforms.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and maintaining a consistent pace of labor throughout the work day.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office software & basic computer skills.
- This position requires working in diverse project types including industrial environments
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA