Technical Services Engineer - ICS
Minneapolis, MN, USA Req #23
Thursday, June 23, 2022
ICS, a Legence company
ICS is a solutions-based consulting firm, specializing in planning and project-related solutions. At ICS, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
Sometimes, it’s not about where you’re going on life’s journey, but about who you’re going there with. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our employees and exceed the expectations of our clients. We’re a company with heart.
ICS is looking for a Technical Services Engineer to join our growing team of professionals, in our Minneapolis, MN office.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard service offering processes, techniques, procedures, and criteria. The Technical Services Engineer will use sound judgement in making decisions and offering suggestions to the project team on the best way to solve project issues. Aspects also include an evaluation of engineering design, construction means and methods, building operations, building systems including automation and controls, HVAC, and electrical and other technical services and commissioning activities. They will be responsible for assisting the Sr. team members to ensure success for the department and company by completing assigned tasks and working to integrate these tasks with internal and external teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing of mechanical (HVAC) systems: unitary systems, air distribution (fans, ducting, VAVs), refrigeration systems, chilled water systems, hot water heating systems, steam heating systems
- Experience in/comfortable with recommissioning energy audits and/or energy calculations
- Testing of electrical systems: power distribution, lighting and lighting controls, emergency power, UPS, renewable energy systems
- Testing of Plumbing systems: domestic hot water heating, grey water systems
- Testing of building automation systems, diagrams, points and sequences
- Test and balance process and procedures (air & hydronic)
- Review and comment on Owner’s Performance Requirements (OPR) and Basis of Design (BOD) documents
- Read and interpret construction plans and specifications, particularly for MEP/FP systems
- Verify equipment/system installations comply with construction documents and manufacturer’s installation instructions
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- New graduates and/or professionals early in their career are encouraged to apply
- Proven ability work and think independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines require
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role
- EIT or PE is a plus
- LEED AP is a plus
All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Minneapolis, MN, USA