BIM Coordinator - VarcoMac
Odenton, MD, USA Req #38
Thursday, June 23, 2022
VarcoMac, a Legence company
VacoMac is a leading provider of electrical & power services in the Mid-Atlantic region. Our culture is open, collaborative, innovative and fun– all reflected in recognition of VarcoMac as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work’ on multiple occasions. We foster a work environment that encourages and rewards creative thinking. Our employees are passionate about their work and genuinely love what they do. With diverse areas of expertise, VarcoMac is the ideal place to build your career and develop skills in project management, entrepreneurship, leadership, and life.
The BIM Coordinator/Detailer will be assisting the BIM Manager in implementing project-specific requirements for the coordination efforts on medium to large scale electrical projects. This position will collaborate with the BIM Manager, General Foreman, and the client’s managing department. The technical skills required include and are not limited to proficient use of AutoCAD MEP, Revit, ancillary supporting programs, and routine communications programs. This position is responsible for communicating and working with project teams engaged in the design, upgrade, and modifications of electrical construction models and documents in AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Build 3D models using contract drawings and field input using Revit
- BIM coordination including clash detection and resolution using Navisworks
- Maintain project coordination schedules and provide updates to the VarcoMac project team
- Design the electrical to maintain the efficient installation of the electrical work
- Follow the coordination process through sign-off
- Produce installation drawings for the field based on signed-off models using Revit
- Work with the field to develop installation means and methods
- Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of industry experience required.
- Strong computer skills and adept at learning new software
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a highly energetic environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Background and knowledge of electrical construction
- National Electrical Code proficiency
- Familiar with detailing, fabrication, and file installation drawings
- Knowledge and ability to proficiently navigate design/contract documents
- Revit 3D modeling of all electrical systems including lighting, power distribution, fire alarm, etc.
- CAD/BIM experience coordinating with MEP contractors is required
- Proficiency in working in a team environment and able to effectively collaborate
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Odenton, MD, USA