Sheet Metal Estimator - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #236
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma is looking for a Sheet Metal Estimator to join our team! This position will be responsible for creating proposals regarding time, material, and labor costs for projects in Therma’s Sheet Metal Shop.
Position: Full-time, In-office
- Make proper cost estimations, taking into consideration such factors as materials, speeds, type of cutters, feeds and control system limitations.
- Work closely with laser inputters, vendors, quality personnel, design engineers, and management to develop successful commercial proposals.
- Experience with sourcing materials and finishes
- Use HVAC Duct fabrication software, currently Quote Express / Quote Soft duct software tools to estimate cutsheets, project takeoffs, and prototype samples, streamline and improve existing processes.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Keeps management promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Works in a team atmosphere with Production, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Shipping Departments to satisfy our customers and provide solutions to their problems.
- Experience in construction or sheet metal industry.
- Reviewing customer RFQs for both deliverable and quality requirements
- Communicating with customers to accurately define requirements and expectations.
- Consolidating all outside costs and internal costs associated with fabrication from cradle to grave
- Creating detailed quote packages for final review.
- Managing quote logs and tracking conversion, margin, and on-time delivery KPIs.
- Parse key manufacturing and specification requirements from 2D/3D drawings and CAD models.
- Monitor and respond to performance feedback related to project pricing, lead times, and order conversion rates.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, and in writing.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in Excel is required
- Experience with HVAC Duct fabrication software, currently: Quote express / Quote Soft duct software
- Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing industry required.
- 3-5 years in Construction/Sheet Metal industry
- O365 apps & Bluebeam
- ORGANIZED: Sense of urgency with the ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions and articulating relevant problem statements and drive toward logical conclusions and decision points. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- AGILE: Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA