Controls Service Technician - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #168
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma is looking for a Controls Service Technician. This position is a great way for interested individuals to get started in the Controls industry in the commercial and industrial sector. Do you have experience working with Controls Systems? Are you organized, and detail orientated? If so, we need you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Field Service Technician, you'll troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, and communicate the status of projects to internal departments and external customers, contractors
- Act as a company representative to contractors and customers
- Install, setup, and startup various instrumentation and electrical devices including PLC’s
- Effectively diagnose problems and perform necessary repairs including the replacement of defective parts, electrical wiring and panel modifications, and troubleshooting
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools needed for installation, maintenance, and repair
- Coordinating with team members to provide excellent customer service
- Establish service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
- Maintain copies of calibration sheets and loop forms for all site start-ups.
- Communicate progress to Controls Service Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems
- Experience in reading and interpreting drawings, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Valid driver's license
- Proficiency with mobile devices (e.g. tablets, smart phones and/or other devices as required)
- Physical skills required: routinely lifting 10 to 75 lbs, climbing ladders, and crawling.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA