Project Manager/Estimator - Gilbert Mechanical
Edina, MN, USA Req #82
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Gilbert Mechanical, a Legence company
For more than 40 years, it has been Gilbert's mission to provide outstanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, and fire protection services in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Today, Gilbert employs more than 200 people in the Twin Cities market, and its clients represent a diverse range of technical market sectors, with specialization in the healthcare industry. Our fun, open and innovative culture is supported by forward thinking industry leaders who are united in collaboration and the pursuit of breakthrough ideas. Gilbert’s philosophy includes mutual respect for all individuals, application of innovation and a rigorous serve-the-customer mentality. We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Gilbert Mechanical is seeking a Senior HVAC Project Manager/Estimator candidate capable of estimating complex mechanical projects for a variety of healthcare customers. The successful candidate will report to the EVP – Capital Projects. The skills required to accomplish this include accurate bidding, careful planning, financial tracking, HVAC equipment knowledge, and strong communications. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), profit sharing and vacation time. Salary to be determined based on education and experience.
- Estimate and sell mechanical construction projects to a variety of commercial customers
- Mentor other project managers
- Coordinate field personnel on projects sold
- Manage project costs
- Communicate scheduled activities with customers, subcontractors and field personnel
- Attend jobsite meetings as required
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts as they arise
- Maintain and develop customer relationships.
- Manage, organize, and communicate bid documentation for an assigned bid.
- Read, understand, and assign cost to all bid related documents (drawings, specs, instructions to bidders).
- Request/Obtain/Evaluate Vendor pricing.
- Electronically maintain records of all working documents and data to back up estimates.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 10 years of experience in HVAC construction
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of HVAC systems, including sheet metal layout, piping system design, equipment selection and knowledge of local mechanical codes
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work and produce a deliverable to a deadline.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Competency with computerized estimating and digital take off software.
- Ability to estimate and manage both design build and plan/spec projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Edina, MN, USA