Fire Service Billing Clerk - Gilbert Mechanical
Edina, MN, USA Req #81
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Gilbert Mechanical, a Legence company
For more than 40 years, it has been Gilbert's mission to provide outstanding mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, and fire protection services in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Today, Gilbert employs more than 200 people in the Twin Cities market, and its clients represent a diverse range of technical market sectors, with specialization in the healthcare industry. Our fun, open and innovative culture is supported by forward thinking industry leaders who are united in collaboration and the pursuit of breakthrough ideas. Gilbert’s philosophy includes mutual respect for all individuals, application of innovation and a rigorous serve-the-customer mentality. We create a culture of teaching and learning through cross mentoring that spans generations, disciplines, interests and talents. We strive to give each person exposure to the widest array of experiences possible to help them grow further and faster than they could anywhere else.
Reports to: Fire Protection Division Manager
Full–Time Position: Monday - Friday with hours 7:30 am-4:30pm
Job Summary: The Fire Service Billing Clerk is accountable for creating invoices and credit memos as well as preparing inspection reports, issuing them to customers and AHJ’s by all necessary means, and updating customer file. This individual is responsible for answering inbound calls, communicating with technicians and providing a variety of administrative clerical functions as well.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Gather information from service technicians to formulate billings to clientele
- Gather and sort accounts payable vendor invoices to attach to service billings
- Enter billings into service software (SAGE 300 Construction & Real Estate)
- Distribute invoices to project managers for approval
- File all invoices
- Performs general administrative tasks to support Sales, Accounting & Operations staff.
- Provide Customer Service to both internal and external sources of whom we conduct business
- General keyboarding skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be Punctual, reliable, with positive energy
- Ability to be flexible as needed
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and strong verbal and written customers service skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), ·
- Minimum two years’ administrative support experience
- Construction-related business experience preferred
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Edina, MN, USA