Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Lafayette, CA, USA Req #283
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
CMTA, a Legence company
CMTA is one of the fastest growing engineering firms in the U.S. with nationally recognized expertise in sustainable, high performance building engineering. We are a collaborative, competitive, innovative, and energetic group of engineers and team leaders who incorporate a holistic approach towards consulting engineering, performance contracting, and zero energy projects. We focus on finding engineers whose personalities lead them to excellence, and we provide exceptional opportunities for our employees.
CMTA, a Legence company, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of experience in Consulting Engineering. This position will work with a team of engineers to design the mechanical aspects of energy efficient buildings for various clients. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who thrives on helping clients and has a technical background. We hope they will be involved in all phases of the project.
- 10+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer
- EIT or PE Certificate
- Project Management
- Interfacing with clients
- Cooling and heating plants
- MEP Design
The position is responsible for managing projects, being involved in the design of the heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and plumbing systems of buildings for the purpose of bidding and construction. Additional duties of the position are as follows:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Provide guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs
- Air Conditioning
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Lafayette, CA, USA