Project Engineer - Therma
San Jose, CA, USA Req #86
Monday, June 20, 2022
Therma, a Legence company
For over 50 years, Therma has continued to redefine the mechanical construction landscapes in California. Renowned for outstanding client service and attention to detail, we balance innovative, facility-specific solutions with a pragmatic, cost-conscious approach. Today, the firm employs more than 1,100 people in 3 regional offices, and its clients represent a diverse range of market sectors, including Biopharmaceutical, Education, Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Commercial, Industrial and Data Center facilities. Our culture is open, innovative, collaborative, and fun – all reflected in recognition of Therma as a #1 Best Place to Work on multiple occasions. We create an environment that empowers & challenges employees, giving them the greatest opportunity to succeed.
Therma LLC has an immediate need for a Project Engineer. This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and project management with the overall planning & scheduling, resource allocation and project accounting. Previous experience working in the Construction industry is highly desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
- Ability to maintain a strong relationship with GC’s and Owners.
- Assist in gathering the best pricing and on-time delivery of materials from vendors.
- Ability to assist in managing: schedule, billings, submittals, RFI’s & change orders, select and monitor subs.
- Pre-Construction administrative duties.
- Submittal Management
- COR/CO Management
- Schedule Updates
- Meeting preparation and participation for all relevant project meetings.
- Project Reporting Management
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the project management team.
- Assist with the development of project documentation.
- Assist with project estimating by reviewing Specifications, Instructions to Bidders and Construction Drawings.
- Identify and assist in generating pre-bid Requests for Information.
- Track project issues and communicate with the project manager.
- Prepare project closeout documents and internal work documents.
- Order and track material.
- Assist in selection of materials for purchase.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate prices with vendors and suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and ensure approval from Project Managers.
- Experience working for an HVAC or Plumbing Mechanical Contractor on large commercial projects strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the construction industry preferred.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or related construction degree strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- ORGANIZED: Sense of urgency with ability to set priorities and build action plans to drive timely execution. Thorough, methodical and result-oriented with great attention to detail. Able to combine the predictability of standard operating procedures with the flexibility of continuous process improvement.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Able to identify patterns beyond noise or incomplete information by demonstrating a willingness to engage by asking questions. Attention to detail, able to segregate beliefs and assumptions from facts. Demonstrate strong judgment to turn information into insights, practical solutions and decision-ready recommendations.
- AGILE: Hands-on with ability to shift back and forth from self-reliance and personal accountability to cross-group collaboration while making others successful along the way. Capable of operating in a multi-site and matrixed environment. Adaptable and willing to adjust style to audience, learn and grow with the company.
Health and Welfare Benefits
- Health and Welfare
- Prescription drug
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid holidays
- Sick leave
- Bereavement leave
- Jury duty
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid long-term disability insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
Legence, a Blackstone portfolio company, is an Energy Transition Accelerator™ that provides advisory services and implementation focused on financing, designing, building, and servicing complex systems in mission-critical and high performance facilities. With five decades of expertise in the built environment, Legence has a proven track record of reducing carbon emissions, implementing renewables, lowering utility costs through efficiency consumption, and making systems run better at unmatched speed and scale. To learn more about Legence and its services, visit https://www.wearelegence.com/.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Legence and its affiliate companies are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, other non-merit-based factors, and any other characteristic protected under applicable local, state or federal laws and regulations.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law
To all recruitment agencies
Legence and its affiliate companies do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Do not forward resumes to our career’s alias or employees of Legence and/or its affiliate companies. Legence and/or its affiliate companies are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- San Jose, CA, USA