Mechanical Engineer Co-Op - Fall 2022 - CMTA
CMTA has a robust co-op program for college students pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Architectural Engineering. We offer an opportunity for students to immerse themselves for two or more semesters in the consulting engineering world. Our co-ops build industry competitive skills in a hands-on environment, all while working on a team, and being trained by Professional Engineers in AutoCAD and Revit. The skills our co-ops learn allow them to create real construction drawings for real CMTA projects.
This position provides a unique opportunity for hands-on training in mechanical design. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work well with a team, and independently. Our engineers will teach the student co-op how we design and implement energy efficient measures in our buildings. This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and complex MEP projects, and become an important part of our design team.
Job Functions: (may include but are not limited to)
- Produce detailed layout and equipment details of HVAC systems,
- Produce one-line diagrams/schematics,
- Assist the design team in the process of assembling organized sets of drawings,
- May assist in the data collection and/or field verification, and
- Work in conjunction with designers and engineers to help develop all aspects of a project.
- Pursuing a BSME, preferably a sophomore (2nd year), or junior (3rd year),
- Strong interest in Building Systems Mechanical Engineering,
- CAD experience, preferably AutoCAD,
- Revit experience preferred,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Ability to work both independently and with a team and
- Ability to travel locally for field work.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
EEO is the Law
- Pay Type Hourly
- Chattanooga, TN, USA