PHILADELPHIA SAVE A LOT STORE MANAGER
Step up with a role at Leevers, where our passion is to improve the lives of our employee owners and their neighbors. We understand and serve each store's market with products and prices they value.
Leevers Supermarkets is a certified partner of DailyPay! DailyPay is a technology solution that allows our employees to control when they get paid!
Reports To: District Manager
Ensures store achieves the operational standards set forth by the company. Achieve excellent daily store conditions and positive work environment in a manner that maximizes sales, profits and creates a satisfying shopping experience for customers. Duties include hiring, training, coaching, developing employees, and directing effective safety, security and sanitation programs that meets Leevers operational standards. Ensure compliance of all company policies and procedures. Operates the store and directs the store team in a manner that is consistent with Leevers policies and procedures. Shares responsibility to ensure store’s compliance with all City, State and Federal requirements
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsibility for understanding and managing Profit and Loss Statement to maximize profits through increasing sales, understanding gross profit and minimizing expenses.
• Responsibility for ensuring Leevers store is operated according to the operational standards set forth by the company and in a manner that maximizes sales and profits.
• Responsibility for providing leadership that results in excellent daily store conditions to include, but not limited to, effective daily produce/meat department operations that fully adhere to Leevers operational standards, daily execution of Food Safety, safety policies including power equipment operation and ensures excellent daily sanitation standards are achieved.
• Responsibility for expense control and managing all company assets, including but not limited to: shrink control, total payroll, productivity measurements and products/supply ordering.
• Responsibility in selecting, staffing, coaching and developing store associates and by creating a positive store environment for employees and customers. This includes but not limited to: effective and open communication with all employees, hiring, training, coaching, developing and progressive disciplinary actions as required.
• Responsibility for Leevers hiring process with the help of assistant store managers. Includes, but not limited to: Phone Screens, Panel Interviews, Reference checks and hiring recommendations.
• Sets and executes all work priorities and directing the assignment of individual tasks within the store. This includes, but not limited to: product ordering, effective store meetings, register key usage.
• Responsibility for training, coaching and developing all associates following the Leevers operational standards in all areas of the store.
• Ensure a great execution of good customer service practices throughout the store and becomes directly involved with customer service as needed.
• Responsibility for keeping a clean, neat, well-stocked and friendly store that meets Leevers operational standards.
• Merchandising program execution and the visual presentation of merchandise, including store layout, all plan-o-grams, displays, price signs/tags and COOL signage; maintain a high standard of operation for customers which includes a clean, safe, well stocked, place to shop. This includes managing inventory levels to the specific metrics of the store and ensuring quality, freshness, and effective rotation practices to meet Leevers food safety standards.
• Shares the responsibility with the assistant manager in the implementation of and compliance with all Leevers policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to; Accounting procedures and practices, Cash Handling, Inventory Processes, Loss Prevention, Payroll Administration, Sanitation, Food Safety, Best Methods, documentation, policy violations, administrative paperwork, and initiating effective communication with Human Resources concerning those areas or others as outlined.
• Responsible for acquiring Food Safety Certification in accordance with Leevers policies and City/State requirements.
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
• Responsible to comply with all City, State and Federal regulations.
• Complete other assignments/duties as assigned. Includes, but not limited to: assigned store produce accountability.
• Responsibility for ensuring prompt response to after hours alarm notifications
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Some college work completed or work equivalent preferred
• Basic experience with electronic technology and communications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a multi-task environment
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to think broadly to resolve issues and understand the key business strategies, deliverables and processes. Identifies opportunities to improve store performance.
Results Leadership: Must show proactive initiative and strong drive for achieving stated goals and objectives. Must demonstrate commitment to manage work effectively, improve processes, improve store performance and satisfy customers.
People Leadership: Must possess strong communication skills. Must maintain positive relationship by respecting differences and collaboratively sharing information, best methods and personal expertise with team members. Must encourage commitment of store employees and be able to assess their abilities. Utilizes SAL hiring, staffing and training programs to select and develop store personnel.
Personal Leadership: Must lead by example. Must follow stated policies and take personal responsibility for actions. Adapt to changing environments and responsibilities and be open to learning and feedback.
• Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing 20-50 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 50-80 lbs.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp, twist and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
• Regularly works in freezers, coolers, refrigerators, inside and outside of the store in all weather conditions and inside delivery trucks.
• Healthcare and other wellness benefits
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan; We are 100% Employee Owned
• 401K retirement benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location. NORTHEAST
Leevers Supermarkets Inc. is an equal opportunity at
will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Save A Lot 701 W Lehigh Ave, 701 W Lehigh Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America