Circulation District Manager
The Circulation District Manager is responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgment in soliciting independent newspaper carriers; achieving, sales, service, collection standards and improving market penetration through retention of current customers, solicitation of new customers. This position works closely with all departments in the Circulation Department to ensure accomplishment of sales, service and collections in assigned districts.
Solicit and contract individuals to effectively service, and sell existing and new
Monitor carrier/distributor results daily and initiate corrective action based on
results of carrier/distributor.
Ensure all routine route functions, including delivering newspapers, are maintained in
the absence of a contractor.
Establish contact and rapport with schools, city offices, and community organizations in
Develop objectives; implement programs. Promote sales and service contests, and ensure
all materials are distributed and understood.
- Anticipate and monitor competitor’s activities and recommend counter measures.
- Conduct annual route audits to verify profitability.
Conduct ongoing communication with customers to verify new orders, reverse
cancellations and resolve service complaints.
Prepare, submit, and maintain all required reports: i.e. expense reports, weekly
- Ability to promote and sell the newspaper while increasing market share.
Available to work various hours Mon. – Sunday and receive phone calls at various hours of
- Safely drive to and from various locations in assigned district.
Ensures that all contractor invoices are paid and returns are entered on a Bi-weekly
- Interact positively with customers and contractors.
- On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Safely drive to and from various locations.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of insurance and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report.
- High school diploma or GED
- Delivery or circulation experience preferred
- Job Family Circulation
- Pay Type Salary
- Tulsa, OK, USA