Regional HR Manager
Regional HR Manager
Lee Enterprises seeks a full-time, experienced Regional Human Resources Manager to join our regional team of HR professionals providing HR expertise. This position will be located in Richmond, Virginia at the Richmond Times-Dispatch and will provide a full range of HR proficiency and support to employees in multiple properties across the region.
- Analyze staffing needs and grow talent with a focus on great hiring and on-boarding
- Track policies and practices to ensure consistency and compliance with current laws
- Administration of all aspects of processing and monitoring employee FMLA leaves of absence and workers compensation claims
- Conduct timely investigations, as needed, in response to employee complaints and in accordance with Lee’s personnel policies and procedures
- Provide guidance on employee relations and maters of corrective action
- Serve as a resource to staff in resolving employment issues
- Assist employees in understanding employment rights and responsibilities
- Liaison between staff and corporate benefits and time keeping systems
- Provide timely and effective HR subject matter expertise
- Managerial courage and the ability to champion initiatives and drive them through the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Human Resources or equivalent required. HR certification is preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience as an HR generalist required
- Demonstrated human resources experience, with emphasis on recruiting, staffing and employee relations
- Knowledge of employment laws and multi-level recruitment experience
- The ability to react productively to change and effectively multi-task is critical
- Experience working in an information/publishing/media field a plus
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge/ability with Microsoft Office Applications, HRIS systems, and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Some travel will be required.
Lee offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Lee Enterprises is a major subscription and advertising platform and a leading provider of local news and information, serving 77 markets in 26 states. Lee’s newspapers have daily circulation of 1.0 million and our websites reach more than 47 million digital unique visitors.
Check us out at www.lee.net.
Lee Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Job Family HR
- Pay Type Salary
- Richmond, VA, USA