Events & Special Sections Business Development Manager
The Press of Atlantic City is seeking a hands-on, hard-working, detail-oriented professional to join our team making a difference in our community. The Events and Special Sections Business Development Manager is responsible for leading sales and execution efforts for both special sections and events for The Press of Atlantic City, Atlantic City Weekly, and all other subsidiary brands associated with the organization’s presence in the South Jersey market. In addition, this role also maintains a list of advertising clients and is responsible for growing this account list and hitting quota on a monthly basis.
- Lead sales efforts for special sections including selling the most revenue into the products, leading sales training for the team, keeping the sales team updated on progress and deadlines, lead the team to meet and exceed special section sales goals
- Establish special section calendar for the year; develop production schedule, sales collateral, work with market leader to determine pricing
- Sell and execute all aspects of existing events including Nurses, Wing Wars, and 50 Bites; execution includes budgeting/P&L, event management, event content, ticket sales, video production as needed, etc.
- Determine events calendar for the year with market leader; determine production schedule and project plan each event
- Identify revenue opportunities for new events/special sections and present plan to market leader
- Grow and manage a list of existing advertising clients. Sell these clients into special sections and events. Prospect new business and sell these clients into special sections and events.
- Own all aspects of special sections and events; come to the table solutions-oriented with a plan on how to achieve success and overcome obstacles
Team Member Expectations:
We have high expectations of our team and expect every team member to possess and demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- The genuine desire to achieve your very best and improve everyday
- The initiative to identify opportunities for organizational improvement and the drive to take action and ownership in helping the organization succeed both by contributing individually and working together as a team
In addition to general team member expectations, this role specifically requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, communications or equivalent experience
- At least three (3) years of prior experience in a direct selling role with proven track record of success
- Experience in leading sales efforts either in a management role or otherwise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Valid driver’s license, motorist insurance, and own transportation
- Experience with selling and executing media advertising special sections and/or events
- Experience with public speaking and presentation
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 60
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Atlantic City Weekly, 1000 W Washington Ave, Pleasantville, New Jersey, United States of America