Outside Sales Rep
The Outside Sales Executive’s primary role is to grow revenues from current and inactive accounts, for The Globe Gazette. Develop strategies for growing these accounts through solution based selling and through sales presentations. Grow digital revenue for these accounts by exposing these clients to the newest trends in digital marketing. Maintaining minimum of 50 active accounts at all times and meeting a minimum sales revenue target each month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Expose advertisers to digital solutions that we have in order to help their business grow.
- Meet regularly with advertisers to ensure that their marketing expectations are being met.
- Use creative approaches to solving problems and conceptualize new product opportunities.
- Maintain a minimum of 50 active accounts and continue to grow active accounts on a monthly basis.
- Grow new business in assigned territority
- Participate in training and education opportunities to improve individual skills, knowledge, and ability.
- Comply with all applicable safety regulations and keeps work area neat and orderly.
Minimum Requirements of the Job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Team player who can be counted upon to produce quality results and work with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines are an absolute necessity.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and organized to juggle multiple projects and customer requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Prospect new business to grow current advertising client base.
- Continue to grow revenue streams
- Embrace new sales initiatives
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Communication, including conveying detailed spoken instructions and information to customers and co-workers.
- Acceptance of supervisory authority.
- Ability to follow established guidelines,
- Use good judgment in adjusting or working outside of established guidelines.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Provide consistent quality service for all of our clients.
· Develop and maintain strong, dependable relationships with our advertisers and sales staff.
· Support clients in their execution of planned marketing strategies.
· Promptly following up on complaints, questions and concerns, responds to customer needs in a timely and efficient manner.
· Meet regularly with customers to understand and solve advertising, marketing and customer needs.
· Develop and execute multi-media sales presentations.
· Create advertising budgets and schedules utilizing all company resources.
· Use Solution based selling techniques drawing on our large selection of products.
· Provide all the necessary data needed for the client to make an informed advertising decision.
- Retention of current customers
· Prepare and plan; monthly, quarterly and annually to determine strategy to grow revenues and increase share of the advertising market by targeting segments.
· Time management skills to optimize selling opportunities.
· Manage multiple products and multiple deadlines.
· Forecast sales on a monthly and quarterly basis
Analyze and prepare proposals, goals and needs assessments for clients, insertions, contracts, credit applications, billing, accounting adjustments and distribution of month end digital advertising reports to clients for sold products.
Reacts to change productively and handles other essential tasks as assigned. Maintain a positive and professional attitude and sense of team as Advertising department grows and changes.
Why Join Us?
Lee Enterprises offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting
work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive
benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program
includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company
provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer
a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid
time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This
includes paid parental leave for new parents.
Lee Enterprises is a leading provider of high-quality local news,
with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica
versions. Lee's newspapers have a combined circulation of more than 1.2 million
daily. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We
also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are
committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to attracting and retaining a workforce whose diversity reflects
the communities we serve. Lee embraces change, and we
recognize that we must create and maintain a culture of fervent inclusion. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Job Family Multiple Dept
- Pay Type Salary
- Mason City, IA 50401, USA