PHP Software Engineer
East Moline, IL, USA ● Virtual Req #16210
Friday, July 15, 2022
• Development of PHP modules and applications for TownNews.com's Field59 video platform solution serving millions of pageviews daily nationwide.
• Work with a team of product managers, frontend developers, and other stakeholders to design and define new features for vertical applications connected to the video platform.
• Build scalable solutions that must handle sudden flash traffic to websites based on breaking news conditions around the Internet.
• Solve interesting problems that may require thinking outside-the-box to accomplish development goals.
• Work with version control systems, deployment workflows, system architects, and QA teams to deliver robust and error free applications.
• Successful candidate will have the following:
• Online development experience using PHP and MySQL or equivalent database technology.
• Experience building applications using PHP frameworks such as Symfony strongly preferred.
• Experience using AWS EC2 and related services strongly preferred.
• You must be a motivated, driven, and problem-solving developer willing to adapt and build large scale solutions.
TownNews offers a chance to be creative, working with an innovative team in a relaxed atmosphere. TownNews provides services for more than 1500 newspapers nationwide. It is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Why Join Us?
TownNews offers competitive wages in a dynamic, interesting work environment with career growth opportunities. We offer an extensive benefit program that can be personalized to your needs. Our benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, company provided life insurance and supplemental life insurance. In addition, we offer a 401K retirement plan with company match. We also offer generous paid time off to allow the flexibility to balance personal life and work. This includes paid parental leave for new parents.
TownNews partners with local media organizations to transform their business models and flourish in the digital age. Our tools and expertise in digital, video, print, connected TV, and advertising enable forward-thinking media organizations in dynamic markets to efficiently engage their audiences, increase security and grow revenue. More than 2,000 news organizations have benefited from our platform and the tools we have built specifically for the media industry to thrive. TownNews is majority owned by Lee Enterprises.
Lee Enterprises is the nation’s fourth-largest provider of high-quality local news, with 77 daily newspapers in 26 states that have print, digital and e-replica versions. Our digital sites attract more than 44 million unique visits monthly. We also have a rapidly growing roster of digital products for consumers, and are committed to aggressive digital growth.
Lee Enterprises is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We respect and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. For more information about Lee, check us out at www.lee.net.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply.
- Pay Type Salary
- East Moline, IL, USA