Kitchen Support Partner
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s East Valley Men’s Center is a safe haven for men facing homelessness as they re-integrate into the community. Our dedicated staff help residents build skills for job readiness, assist with finding employment and develop a plan for permanent housing. A New Leaf strongly believes in offering a hand up to men willing to put in the effort to improve their lives. Through stable living, comprehensive services, and compassionate attention to the challenges each man faces, A New Leaf helps men experiencing homelessness find their feet and become contributing members of the community once again.
Pay: $16.00-$19.00 (Depending on years of experience)
Schedule: Tuesday- Saturday 11:30am- 7:30pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
- Provide written documentation and submit significant and routine paperwork such as daily activities, upcoming events, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc.
- Oversee on-site food activities; prepare and/or assist with meal/snack preparation and serving and cleanup.
- Assist with determining priority for program components in conjunction with the Program Supervisor/Manager
- Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation
- Assist in training new staff and volunteers, as necessary
- Assist with maintaining program appearance, equipment and/or agency vehicles.
- Utilize agency vehicle to acquire needed items, as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness or those who are economically disadvantaged preferred
- Knowledge of community resources preferred
- 3 months of demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service, demonstrating reliability and ability to follow instructions and/or volunteer experience required
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA