Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter has 16 units and is the only shelter in the East Valley that allows parents to bring their children with them, a critically needed resource for families in crisis. Families are allowed to stay together and have the unique comfort of a private apartment in which they can lock the door and know their children will be safe.
When a family arrives at the La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter, they are immediately provided with all the essentials of a home: food in the pantry, toiletries in the bathroom, and fresh linens on the beds. Families can stay up to 120 days in 1 or 2-bedroom apartments.
A New Leaf’s La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter connects families to the resources they need to find long-term stability. We believe that no child, no family should ever face homelessness alone.
Pay: $17.00-$20.00 (Depending on years of experience)
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
- Provide case management services to residents; establish and maintain resident files.
- Directly responsible to the supervisor for issues regarding admission and discharge, while being in conformance with the agency’s program definition and policies as relevant to program/client needs.
- Screen, assess, develop, and monitor the implementation of Strength-based Family plans and progress of families towards goals.
- Complete all necessary paperwork including: preparing intake and orientation packets, completing intake paperwork, adult assessments, initial case plan, property tour and staff introductions with each resident and/or family.
- Complete face sheet, enter family into HMIS within 24 hours, and add strengths and goals into HMIS as well.
- Complete Self Sufficiency Matrix at intake and exit.
- Perform intake screenings and basic needs assessments for potential residents (as relevant to program/resident need).
- Facilitate and coordinate discharge planning transition and follow-up according to plan. Complete exit process, discharge summary and close file.
- Co-develop 24/7 Safety/Crisis Plans with every family, as needed. This plan may be simple or complex, depending on the risk factors presented by the client, as relevant to the program and/or resident needs.
- Coordinate client evaluations.
- Provide referrals and assist families in obtaining community services and benefits, securing appointments with outside services and agencies, obtaining financial assistance and coordinating with other agencies/services.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree or Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field.
- Two years recent behavioral health experience or related field required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA