EMR Department-Revenue Cycle Specialist
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Pay: $19.00- $23.00 (Depending on Experience)
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8-hour shift
Location: Mesa, AZ
- Work with program and finance teams to meet internal departmental targets and organizational adjudication targets.
- Ability to effectively utilize electronic health record and billing systems.
- Process paper claims on all non-EDI claims efficiently.
- Process all EDI claims efficiently based on internal departmental targets. Submit, receive and analyze EDI transactions: 834, 837, 835, 270/271.
- Post manual payments & adjustments.
- Closely adhere to Revenue Cycle Management workflow and contribute to maximizing payments and reimbursements.
- Knowledge of HCFA 1500 and UB04 claim forms.
- Analyze denied, disallowed or non-covered claims and determines reasons. Remedy the issues. Appeal when appropriate.
- Be aware of all contractual obligations pursuant upon the facility as a result of placements by each agency.
- Work with the front office staff with client eligibility, benefits, and precertification.
- Work closely with Supervisor and Manager on open issues and internal departmental targets.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months- 1 year Account Receivable and Collection experience required
- Working knowledge of AHCCCS and Commercial payor guidelines
- Understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and revenue codes
- Knowledge of NextGen billing software a plus
- Knowledge and ability to effectively use Excel
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA