La Mesita Family Shelter- Program Manager
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter has 16 units and is the only shelter in the East Valley that allows parents to bring their children with them, a critically needed resource for families in crisis. Families are allowed to stay together and have the unique comfort of a private apartment in which they can lock the door and know their children will be safe.
When a family arrives at the La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter, they are immediately provided with all the essentials of a home: food in the pantry, toiletries in the bathroom, and fresh linens on the beds. Families can stay up to 120 days in 1 or 2-bedroom apartments.
A New Leaf’s La Mesita Family Homeless Shelter connects families to the resources they need to find long-term stability. We believe that no child, no family should ever face homelessness alone.
Pay: $45,000 Annually
Schedule: Monday- Friday 8am-5pm Flexibility Needed for Program Needs
Location: Mesa, AZ
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate staff to meet program needs, fully utilizing the skills of the most qualified people available. Goals must be set which encourage ongoing professional growth and demand that high performance standards of the agency are met.
- Responsible for the overall operations of the program to include maintaining physical plant according to agency, licensing and/or contractual requirements, ensuring appropriate and effective client care/services. Schedules and monitors staff workload.
- Effectively communicate program progress, activities and needs both verbally and through informal/formal report writing.
- Build camaraderie through effective problem solving. Ensure information and communications are accurate and present a proper representation of A NEW LEAF.
- Establish working relationships with the Human Resources, Development, Operations and Accounting Department assuring deadlines are met with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings including those sponsored by the state, funding sources, and other parties. Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of federal/state law and agency policy, protecting the interests of individual employees and the agency as a whole by ensuring that laws and policies are followed.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement and manage organizational changes through a team approach, promote a sense of shared ownership and a positive, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the program’s purpose and goals, identifying and allocating resources that support the purpose and goals of the program.
- Actively participate in agency/program specific professional growth activities.
- Work with the Philanthropy Department in placement of volunteers and interns.
- Work with the property management company and support services staff in coordination with your supervisor.
- High School or GED required.
- Associates degree or bachelor's degree preferred in a related field.
- One year plus supervisor experience required
- Experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged population, preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources.
- Strong communication skills; including, verbally, in writing, and active listening.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Mesa, AZ, USA