Bilingual Teacher Assistant (unaccompanied minors program)
ORR Bilingual Teacher Assistant - Unaccompanied Minors Program
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults
SIGN ON BONUS $1,000.00 with HAZARD PAY
A New Leaf's licensed and accredited 24-hour youth shelter for children (ages 12-17) that offer specialized case management for the purpose of family reunification. Meals, education and warm place to sleep are provided along with activities to keep the children’s spirits up and deliver round-the-clock care.
Our dedicated staff provide a safe and stable environment in which to foster the optimal growth and development of each child. Supporting objectives include improved physical/Mental health, improved education/vocation skill development and timely family reunification and/or release planning.
We are searching for a full time Bilingual in Spanish/English Teacher Assistant to be a part of the already amazing and dedicated team.
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 6:00am – 3:00pm with 1 hour lunch 12:00pm-1:00pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide consistent "line of sight" supervision for clients.
- Document (verbal/written) and submit significant and routine paperwork regarding client and programmatic activities; including, Significant Incident Reports/ Incident Reports (SIR/ IR), National School Lunch Program (NSLP) logs, and medication logs.
- Complete client Daily Progress Reports (DPR), daily. Accurately document client participation, behavior and activities through the shift.
- Assist with the completion of educational assessments.
- Assist clients in educational classroom, along with providing one-on-one tutoring as necessary.
- Manage the classroom environment and provide line of sight supervision to students.
- Model appropriate behavior to the students in the program.
- Maintain cleanliness of classroom area; including restrooms.
- Support the implementation of classroom curriculum as guided by Teacher.
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth
- Basic computer literacy; including, navigating a Microsoft Windows operating system, Outlook email exchange, and online applications.
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Paid vacation time
Paid sick time
Career advancement opportunities
Must be able to pass various background checks
Must pass pre-employment drug test
Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
Current Auto Liability Insurance
Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, June 17, 2022
- Mesa, AZ, USA