East Valley Men Center- Janitor
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s East Valley Men’s Center is a safe haven for men facing homelessness as they re-integrate into the community. When men arrive at the facility, they are provided with a bed and storage area for their personal possessions that they are able to keep for the entire duration of their stay.
Once the men have settled, dedicated staff gets to work, helping residents plan a permanent housing plan. An onsite workforce also helps the residents build a resume, find references, and secure job interviews. A New Leaf strongly believes in offering a hand up to men willing to put in the effort to improve their lives.
Pay: Depends on Experience
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 7 AM-4pm
Location: Mesa, AZ
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition (includes vacuum, sweep, mop floors, bathrooms, break rooms, offices and kitchen areas)
- Follow sanitation and disinfecting, universal precautions per CDC standards.
- Ensure PPE, sanitation and disinfecting supplies are stocked and report ordering needs when stock is diminished.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of safety and cleanliness throughout the facility and exterior.
- Performs minor maintenance and replaces lights, ceiling tile, and windows where possible.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, windowsills, blinds, and vents
- Light landscaping duties to include sweeping, raking and debris disposal.
- Actively report unsafe or unsanitary concerns to Administration personnel.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA