Credit Officer/Credit Underwriter
Who We Are:
Velocity Vehicle Group (VVG) is a premium commercial brand medium to heavy truck dealership that offers the full-service experience for our customers, from an outstanding sales organization to highly skilled technicians to service your vehicle, and on demand parts. Our goal is to be your one stop shop experts for all truckers, owner operators, fleets and companies. This coupled with our Leasing and Rental business and our financial services business make VVG the leading Truck dealership.
What’s in it for You:
VVG is a fast paced and growing organization that is looking for candidates that are ready for a daily challenge and cannot wait to provide superior customer service both internally and externally. VVG offers fantastic Culture in an easy-going family-like business as well as competitive pay, 401K W/Match, Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits.
What You’ll Do:
VelocitySBA a division of Velocity Vehicle Group, is hiring an Credit Officer - SBA Underwriter. This role is currently remote as we work through the COVID-19 environment.
- Spread and analyze financial information of loan applicants and evaluate the information according to internal Credit Policies & Procedures.
- Order 3rd party reports (e.g. Appraisal, Environmental, or Business Valuation) with approval from Credit Administrator and/or Chief Credit Officer.
- Responsible for underwriting and conducting due diligence of SBA 7a loan transactions under the supervision of the Credit Administrator and Chief Credit Officer.
- Prepare Credit Memorandum and ensure it is underwritten to the policies and procedures of Crossroads Small Business Solutions and the SBA.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans and ensuring that loans are processed according to customer needs and conforming to internal lending policies.
- Exercise discretionary and independent judgment in preparing and recommending credit approval to the Management Loan Committee.
- Coordinate with the Closing Team to efficiently process transactions.
- Minimum 5-7 years of underwriting and spreading of SBA 7(a) loans
- Professional speaking and presentation skills
- Intermediate understanding and knowledge of SBA eligibility and guidelines
- Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business reports and legal documents
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient business writing skills
- Job Family USA_Professional
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Crossroads Small Business Solutions, 9385 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States of America