50319 - Load Management Coordinator - 394
Job Title: Load Management Coordinator
Department: Operations (394)
Reports To: Supervisor
Location(s): Jacksonville FL, Rockford IL - In office position
8:00-5:00 EST 7:00-4:00 CST
$18.28 – $22.86
Landstar System, Inc. is a worldwide, asset light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity providers and employees. We are seeking an inquisitive individual who loves to solve strategic challenges to join our dynamic Operations department. The Load Management Coordinator’s primary purpose is to ensure Landstar’s proprietary freight marketplace runs efficiently by reflecting available, relevant, and current information about Landstar’s available loading
opportunities for truckload freight. Coordinators will collaborate with Landstar agents within an assigned region to assist with locating and securing the best capacity to cover critical truckload shipments. Protecting the Landstar brand while increasing revenue will be at the forefront of this strategic position. Additionally, this position will facilitate commercial driver (BCO) random drug test notifications to ensure DOT compliance.
Essential Responsibilities include the following.
· Utilize business intelligence data analytics tools to continuously analyze available load posting volume data trends within an assigned region or area
· Promote and uphold compliance with Landstar operational excellence standards
· Gain an understanding of the agents’ posting needs to make recommendations for process improvements and/or technology enhancements
· Assist Landstar agents in securing capacity for critical truckload shipments
· Complete documentation and provide guidance on developing effective load posting practices
· Administer relationship with third-party load board vendors through opening and closing accounts, account maintenance, and troubleshooting basic integration issues
· Train agents on external load board offerings and services
· Effectively manage inbound and outbound call and email queue, to offer timely support and resolution
· Administer random drug test notifications as required by FMCSA regulations while supporting and promoting Landstar’s Compliance initiatives
· Support special projects as requested
· Achieve S.M.A.R.T. goals set forth by management
· Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company’s policies, practices, and procedures
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Willingness to work unscheduled overtime upon short notice is imperative.
Experience handling high volume of stakeholder interactions.
Basic geographical knowledge of North America.
Basic micro-soft office skills -a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Data entry skills 88+ kpm
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education: High school diploma, required; or general education degree (GED), required; Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
Minimum Experience: One-year related experience and/or training (customer service, sales, transportation); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Six months
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
Ability to sit at workstation for at least a 12-hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America