Corporate Account Executive - Corporate Sales & Marketing - Southern CA
Corporate Account Executive
Territory – Southern California
Landstar System, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is a worldwide, technology-enabled, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity providers and employees.
Responsible for driving sales growth and developing sales strategies in the territory for account growth and new business development across all Landstar modes.
Work closely with assigned agents to profitably grow assigned business and identify additional growth opportunities.
- Divides functions into areas in such a way that work flows most effectively and efficiently
- Identify and resolve complex issues with no direction
- Has awareness of multiple areas sharing functions and support
- Provide sales leadership to agents and Landstar field organization
- Develop, understand, communicate and attain Landstar objectives
- Establish effective metrics and KPI’s consistent with quality and growth objectives
- Monitor and manage the quality and contribution of work product
- Maintains confidentiality
- Make presentations or conduct meetings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, interpret and understand contract language
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while conducting work
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Internet
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Working knowledge of financial statements and budget preparation and management
- Ability to speak effectively
- Handle escalated calls/issues regarding for resolution
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum Experience: Two years logistics experience, two years of sales experience within the logistics industry, two years with Landstar, if current employee.
ESSENTIAL DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- Provide Consultative Sales Leadership & Vision for account growth and development
- Assist agents in the management of high-profile customer relationships
- Establish New Business Development Strategy to meet/exceed New Account Revenue Goal
- Identify, solicit and develop new business opportunities
- Participate in new agent recruiting and development of new agents (upon request)
- Lead contract negotiations through the collaborative efforts of internal and external business leaders
- Collaborate with agents and pricing group to set account pricing strategies for growth and profit
- Assist agents in building customer retention and loyalty
- Work with selected agents to create, implement and execute growth strategies and initiatives
- Consistently promote strategic growth of all Landstar Modes for the mutual benefit of customers and agents
- Collaborate with Landstar Management, Departments and Regions in all aspects of sales activities, opportunities and risks
- Problem resolution skills critical in working with other departments and management team to reach constructive and productive resolution
- Ensure that all available internal resources are available to improve market share across all modes
- Develop solid relationships with management, agents, customers and organizations
- Understand and sustain knowledge of industry trends and outlook
- Utilize all of Landstar resources to maintain, enhance and develop opportunities within Landstar
- Understanding and use of Landstar tools and technology
- Travel required as necessary
- Other duties as required
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Southern California, CA, USA