Department: Trailer Maintenance
Responsible for ensuring Landstar’s company controlled trailing equipment is safe, compliant and well maintained. The position is highly technical and customer service oriented. The Trailer Maintenance Coordinator will interact with maintenance vendors, BCO’s, agents as well as others in the process of maintaining Landstar company controlled equipment. The ideal candidate should have good business judgement, be able to make informed decisions and work independently as well as collaborate with team members.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Independently evaluate and authorize repairs up to $1,000.
- Answer inbound in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform follow up calls to ensure repairs have been completed.
- Serve as a maintenance advisor to BCO’s utilizing company controlled trailing equipment.
- Independently locate and authorize qualified repair facilities to perform repairs for company controlled equipment.
- Research parts distribution network for parts availability.
- Evaluate and document estimates received from vendors over $1000.
- Educate and counsel vendors who have failed to follow Trailer Maintenance procedures.
- Process a Purchase Order for each repair authorized.
- Provide Purchase Order #s to vendors for previously authorized work.
- Research and identify trailing equipment which needs to be inspected and ensure an inspection is completed and documented.
- Work with Safety Department on accidents involving company trailers.
Knowledge of equipment and/or trailer repair and preventative maintenance standards
Excellent communication and listening skills
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to multi-task and make educated decisions under pressure
Strong PC skills (Word, Excel)
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Ability to work effectively with little supervision
Good organizational and follow through skills
Good negotiation skills
Mechanical aptitude and comprehension, preferred
Data entry 88kpm, preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required;
Minimum Experience: One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to read, write and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to focus.
Ability to sit at workstation for 8-hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following.
- Possess thorough understanding of Landstar maintenance requirements associated with company controlled equipment.
- Possess thorough understanding of DOT maintenance requirements associated with company controlled equipment.
- Independently evaluate and authorize repairs up to $1,000 to ensure company controlled equipment meets or exceeds company and DOT maintenance requirements.
- Answer inbound in a timely and professional manner while striving for an excellent customer experience.
- Perform follow up calls to ensure repairs have been completed, invoice received and BCO is back on the road or trailer has been placed in appropriate location.
- Serve as a maintenance advisor to BCO’s utilizing company controlled trailing equipment. Provide details surrounding inspection due dates, approved inspection sites as well as any additional relevant maintenance related policies and procedures surrounding company controlled equipment.
- Independently locate and authorize qualified repair facilities to perform specific repairs for company controlled equipment in a timely, safety conscious and cost effective manner.
- Research parts distribution network for parts availability to timely and cost effectively resolve maintenance need.
- Evaluate and document estimates received from vendors over $1000 per Purchase Order. Provide recommendation for management’s approval and act as liaison between vendor, management and BCO/Agent/Customer.
- Educate and counsel vendors who have failed to follow Trailer Maintenance procedures and track these events for future vendor evaluation and recommendations.
- Enter a Purchase Order timely and accurately for each repair authorized and ensure the PO captures the estimated cost and parts approved for each repair.
- Provide Purchase Order #s to vendors for previously authorized work while validating work performed was work authorized and dispute if necessary.
- Serve as department lead in managing a regional grouping of vendors which includes collecting and processing invoices for payment, disputing charges and monitoring customer agings.
- Research and identify trailing equipment which needs to be inspected and work with BCOs to ensure an inspection is completed and documented.
- Provide POC to the Compliance Department on any Company Trailer issue related to Roadside and/or Out of Service violations.
- Work with Safety Department on accidents involving company trailers which includes reviewing all accident reports to determine fault and process all insurance claims and/or BCO backcharges.
- Understand and maintain ISO and RC compliance as defined by management.
- Nights, weekends and/or holidays as needed
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices, and procedures.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America