Tax Accountant I
Landstar System, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is a worldwide, technology-enabled, asset-light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity providers and employees.
Prepare federal and state tax returns and related documentation to ensure that Landstar and its subsidiaries comply with federal, state, local, and international tax laws and regulations. Minimize tax liability through sound and informed application of tax laws and regulations permitting alternative treatment of taxable items.
- Maintain confidentiality while accessing critical and proprietary data and systems
- Use self-starter skills for work planning to meet deadlines
- Assist in and learn to prepare federal and state estimated tax payment calculations
- Assist in and learn to prepare state apportionment factor calculations
- Assist with audit inquiries and tax research
- Assist in preparing and learn to prepare computation of Company's uncertain tax positions
- Prepare tax work papers to support tax adjustments in Federal, state, and local income tax returns and to support apportionment factor computations in state income tax returns
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual tax accounting, as needed
- Assist with transfer pricing arrangements and transfer pricing studies
- Learn to prepare consolidated/unitary corporate income tax returns and international tax reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
- Corptax software experience
- Corporate income tax (Form 1120) experience
- Good understanding of corporate income tax preparation software
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance required
- One to three years related experience required
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America