Team Leader III - Data Architect
Data Analytics Architect
The Data Analytics Architect is part of a dynamic agile team developing innovative data solutions for Landstar System, Inc. You must possess a strong knowledge of data architecture for analytics, be able to work with multifaceted data and have expertise in building complex SQL queries and scripts. You desire to grow your analytics skills and hone your existing technical skills as Landstar continues to grow and expand their technical footprint. Landstar was recently named to the Fortune 500 list.
This position will lead the Business Intelligence/Analytics (Data Warehouse/Machine Learning) Information Technology Team to deliver new solutions using new technology. You are responsible for working collaboratively with other agile team members and product owners to develop analytics solutions and self-service reporting to deduce insights and solve business problems.
- PowerBI Modeling or SSAS or Cognos Modeling
- Analytic Tool Administration such as PowerBI or Azure Data Factory
- Creation and Deployment of Complex SQL Queries and Procedures for Analytics
- Data Engineering or ETL of data for Analytics
What you will do:
- Technical lead of a high performing, collaborative agile team delivering Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions for business strategic initiatives.
- Partner with product owners, business analysts, and other IT personnel to develop innovative solutions.
- Design and modernize complex solutions utilizing new technology.
- Introduces and coaches on newer technologies.
- Initiate and lead execution of process and technical improvements.
- Produce and present designs, technologies, support and technical roadmaps to senior technical and business personnel.
- Design, build, own, and support technology products that meet business needs and adhere to department standards of design, quality, security, performance, supportability and maintainability.
- Assist users by analyzing complex problems and clarifying program objectives.
- Troubleshoot operational problems and restore to normal condition. Maintain a 24/7 state of operational readiness. One of five team members with rare on-call responsibilities.
- Stay abreast of technology trends, create proof of concepts as needed, and lead adoption of new technologies as appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum Experience: 7 or more years of related professional experience
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
The following are preferred but not required because we value employees with a willingness to learn.
- Azure Cloud experience/certification
- Azure Data Factory experience
- DataBricks/ML experience
- Star Schema Data Warehouse knowledge
- DataLake and/or Snowflake experience
- Cognos in the Cloud experience
- Mentor and develop more junior developers
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America