Load Management Coordinator - Operations
Locations: Jacksonville, FL
8:00-5:00 EST / 7:00-4:00 CST
Salary Range: $18.28 - $22.86 per hour
Landstar System, Inc. is a worldwide, asset light provider of integrated transportation management solutions delivering safe, specialized transportation services to a broad range of customers utilizing a network of agents, third-party capacity providers and employees. We are seeking an inquisitive individual who loves to solve strategic challenges to join our dynamic Operations department. The Coordinator’s primary purpose is to ensure Landstar’s proprietary freight marketplace runs efficiently by reflecting available, relevant, and current information about Landstar’s available loading opportunities for truckload freight. Coordinators will collaborate with Landstar agents within an assigned region to assist with locating and securing the best capacity to cover critical truckload shipments. Protecting the Landstar brand while increasing revenue will be at the forefront of this strategic position. Additionally, this position will facilitate commercial driver (BCO) random drug testing notifications to ensure DOT compliance.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Utilize business intelligence data analytics tools to continuously analyze available load posting volume data trends within an assigned region or area
- Promote and uphold compliance with Landstar operational excellence standards
- Gain an understanding of the agents’ posting needs to make recommendations for process improvements and/or technology enhancements
- Assist Landstar agents in securing capacity for critical truckload shipments
- Complete documentation and provide guidance on developing effective load posting practices
- Administer relationship with third-party load board vendors through opening and closing accounts, account maintenance, and troubleshooting basic integration issues
- Train agents on external load board offerings and services
- Effectively manage inbound and outbound call and email queue, to offer timely support and resolution
- Administer random drug notifications as required by FMCSA regulations while supporting and promoting Landstar’s Compliance initiatives
- Support special projects as requested
- Achieve S.M.A.R.T. goals set forth by management
- Willingness to work unscheduled overtime upon short notice is imperative.
Experience handling a high volume of calls and email interactions.
Basic geographical knowledge of North America.
Basic micro-soft office skills -a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong organizational and time management skills
Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Good typing skills, 35+ WPM
Desirable Soft Skills
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum Education: High school diploma, required; or general education degree (GED), required; Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
Minimum Experience: One-year related experience and/or training (customer service, sales, transportation); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 1000 Simpson Rd, Rockford, Illinois, United States of America
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America