Manager, International Services - International and Air Operations
Excellent opportunity with Landstar to provide customer service to qualified Air and Ocean Freight agents. Responsible for the International Services Department development and maintenance of database information, software platforms, agent and carrier contract administration and pricing negotiation, and industry compliance.
- Manage a team of 6-10 individuals to include training, scheduling work, performance appraisals, hiring, and firing
- Ensure that Air and Ocean Freight shipments are serviced properly and agents and employees are managed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Direct processes and techniques to perform Air and Ocean Freight operations work
- Assist in creation of department strategy and strategy execution
- Execute the negotiation of pricing with Air and Ocean Freight carriers and other outsource service providers and maintain rate records
- Direct and execute the development, enhancement, purchase and maintenance of software programs managing Air and Ocean Freight operations; Express Trak, ForwarderLogic, EDITRADE, and Air and Ocean Freight rate repository tools
- Work with Information Technology to improve and enhance access and available information in database
- Supervise the Air Business Until Specialist (BUS), and Ocean BUS operations
- Guide supervision from an operations perspective of the training of new Air & Ocean Freight agents
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledgeable of International Freight Forwarding Services (Air and Ocean), TSA and FMC regulations and compliance, and import and export regulations and compliance
- Familiar with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations and compliance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn new operational systems and applications
- Excellent working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities, airports, seaports and rail terminals.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Administration Regulations (e.g. Hazmat, IATA/CNS, TSA, FMC, Homeland Security, EAR, CBP, PGAs) and other government agency requirements
- Leadership and organizational skills
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or 8 years of equivalent experience
- Five to seven years of International Transportation/Forwarding experience required
- IMDG and IATA DG certifications preferred
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America