CNA - PRN (As needed)
Our Mission: Pelican Valley Senior Living is committed to providing comprehensive, high quality healthcare and residential services in our community.
Pelican Valley Senior Living seeks a CNA to join our team at PRN (as needed) status. PRN requirements are to work at least 3 shifts in a 4 week period with at least 1 of those shifts being a weekend and 2 holidays per year. Starting wage is $18.25/hour plus $2.50/ hour shift differential for PM shift and $3/hour shift differential for night shift! We pay double time for holidays worked!
Pelican Valley Senior Living is a three building senior living community in Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. We have a 33 bed care center, and two distinct assisted living communities that provide enhanced assisted living services and memory care assisted living. We have been a proud member of the Pelican Rapids community for more than 65 years.
· Provide hands-on care to the resident. Work closely with the activities department, volunteers, housekeeping, and all other ancillary departments. Has contact with members of resident’s family.
· Responsible for assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) through daily nursing care as described in each Resident’s Plan of Care. Carry out simple treatment procedures and follows the instructions of the Charge Nurse.
· Requires an ability to work with a variety of residents with differing values, attitudes, capabilities, and dispositions while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude. This position also requires an ability to work effectively as a team and independently. Required to have radio on at all times when on duty.
Pelican Valley Culture Pledge
The Pelican Valley culture comes alive through the culture of our community – in the way we think, the things we do, the structures we design, and the practices we follow. As employees of this community, our commitment is to act in accordance with these principles which are aligned with the Pelican Valley culture, the values of this community, and my personal values.
I value all the employees at this community. They can expect from me, and I from them, the following behaviors, attitudes and practices:
As co-workers, we are:
-On time and ready for work and take full responsibility for our duties
-Honest and truthful with each other
-Open and direct with our communications
-Good listeners and consider the opinions of others
-Respectful of our differences; honoring and valuing each person’s contributions
-Team players, supporting and helping each other
-Self-starters bringing positive attitudes/energy/fun to the workplace
-Healthy; emotionally and physically
To create and maintain this community as a best place to work, I commit to the following and I expect the same from all employees:
We value a workplace where:
-The compassionate care of our residents/clients and their families comes first
-New co-workers are welcomed and supported
-Knowledge, job skills and continuous learning is championed
-Talents are allowed to shine
-Gratitude and appreciation is shared with each other
-Professional appearance and language is expected
-Innovations, ideas and suggestions are shared freely
· Accountability and Trust - Relentless about accomplishing company priorities. Identifies what needs to be done and proactively takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals. Has a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and striving for excellence in performance to company strategies and goals. Instills mutual trust and confidence; creates a culture that fosters high standards of ethics; behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others and demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility, confidentiality and commitment of service.
· Customer First Attitude - Makes the customer experience a primary focus of one’s actions; is accessible and provides prompt service. Develops and sustains mutually beneficial customer relationships. Quickly and effectively solves customer problems. Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishments. Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride, trust.
Education and Experience Required
· The State of Minnesota requires all Nursing Assistant/Registered must have satisfactorily completed a Minnesota approved competency evaluation program of at least 75 hours. At completion of the 75-hour program and successful completion of the final test, the Nurse Assistant will apply for placement on the Minnesota Board of Nursing Registry.
· Must have 12 hours of continuing education annually.
· Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
· Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
· Assist the resident with hands on care for all ADL’s as contained in the Resident Plan of Care. This includes dressing and undressing, grooming, mouth care, toileting, bathing, showering, and walking. Periodically checks on the resident and positions and turns the resident as indicated in the Resident Plan of Care. Respond to resident’s call lights, and pushes wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, and performs other transferring techniques.
· Assist resident with eating and drinking according to Resident Plan of Care. Offer water, juice and/or other nourishment to resident according to schedule and whenever needed.
· Observe resident’s skin condition and assists with treatments described in Plan of Care. Clean skin including perineal area. Observe for and report any open wounds, rashes, and any other break in skin integrity.
· Assist the resident with toileting, commode transfer, catheter care, emptying and cleaning colostomy bags and reports output.
· Take and record vital signs including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration. Observe abnormal changes in body functioning and/or behavior (eating habits, skin conditions, mental status, mobility, etc.) and alerts the Charge Nurse.
· Read and understand the Plan of Care for each resident on daily basis. Follow all instructions as contained in the Plan of Care. Follow all rehabilitation procedures, such as those describing lifting, transferring, ambulating, and positioning of residents.
· Provide needed assistance and encouragement in getting resident to and from activities, events, meetings, etc. that provide opportunities for socialization with other residents. Promote resident’s right to make personal choices to accommodate his/her needs. Promote the resident’s right to be free from abuse, mistreatment, and neglect and reports to appropriate facility staff any instance of such treatment. Offer support and comfort to resident who is dying and his/her family. Talk with and listen to resident during cares.
· Must participate in creating and maintaining a team approach to a culture in which the resident comes first. Is responsible for creating a home like environment for each person we serve.
· Train and provide orientation to new and/or current employees as directed.
· The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Exemption Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Leadership Received: LPN or RN
Division: Care Center
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, PVSL's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. PVSL is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement. PVSL also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelican Rapids, MN 56572, USA