CNA - Full Time Overnights, sign-on bonus & shift differential available!
Pelican Valley Senior Living seeks a CNA to join our team on the overnight (NOC) shift. This position works 12 hour shifts and the hours are 6pm-6:30am and 72 hours per two week pay period. The position works every other weekend and holiday. Starting wage is $17/hour plus experience and $2/hour shift differential plus a $2000 sign-on bonus paid out over the first year! We pay double time for holidays worked! We offer scholarships and student loan reimbursement!
Pelican Valley Senior Living is a three building senior living community in Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. We have a 33 bed care center, and two distinct assisted living communities that provide enhanced assisted living services and memory care assisted living. We have been a proud member of the Pelican Rapids community for more than 65 years.
- Provide hands-on care to the resident. Work closely with the activities department, volunteers, housekeeping, and all other ancillary departments. Has contact with members of resident’s family.
- Responsible for assisting residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) through daily nursing care as described in each Resident’s Plan of Care. Carry out simple treatment procedures and follows the instructions of the Charge Nurse.
- Requires an ability to work with a variety of residents with differing values, attitudes, capabilities, and dispositions while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude. This position also requires an ability to work effectively as a team and independently. Required to have radio on at all times when on duty.
- Assist the resident with hands on care for all ADL’s as contained in the Resident Plan of Care. This includes dressing and undressing, grooming, mouth care, toileting, bathing, showering, and walking. Periodically checks on the resident and positions and turns the resident as indicated in the Resident Plan of Care. Respond to resident’s call lights, and pushes wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, and performs other transferring techniques.
- Assist resident with eating and drinking according to Resident Plan of Care. Offer water, juice and/or other nourishment to resident according to schedule and whenever needed.
- Observe resident’s skin condition and assists with treatments described in Plan of Care. Clean skin including perineal area. Observe for and report any open wounds, rashes, and any other break in skin integrity.
- Assist the resident with toileting, commode transfer, catheter care, emptying and cleaning colostomy bags and reports output.
- Take and record vital signs including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration. Observe abnormal changes in body functioning and/or behavior (eating habits, skin conditions, mental status, mobility, etc.) and alerts the Charge Nurse.
- Read and understand the Plan of Care for each resident on daily basis. Follow all instructions as contained in the Plan of Care. Follow all rehabilitation procedures, such as those describing lifting, transferring, ambulating, and positioning of residents.
- Provide needed assistance and encouragement in getting resident to and from activities, events, meetings, etc. that provide opportunities for socialization with other residents. Promote resident’s right to make personal choices to accommodate his/her needs. Promote the resident’s right to be free from abuse, mistreatment, and neglect and reports to appropriate facility staff any instance of such treatment. Offer support and comfort to resident who is dying and his/her family. Talk with and listen to resident during cares.
- Must participate in creating and maintaining a team approach to a culture in which the resident comes first. Is responsible for creating a home like environment for each person we serve.
- Train and provide orientation to new and/or current employees as directed.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education & Experience:
- The State of Minnesota requires all Nursing Assistant/Registered must have satisfactorily completed a Minnesota approved competency evaluation program of at least 75 hours. At completion of the 75-hour program and successful completion of the final test, the Nurse Assistant will apply for placement on the Minnesota Board of Nursing Registry.
- Must have 12 hours of continuing education annually.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, residents and visitors.
Nurse Manager, Director of Nursing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelican Rapids, MN 56572, USA