Lead Cook - Full Time
Our Mission: Pelican Valley Senior Living is committed to providing comprehensive, high quality healthcare and residential services in our community.
Pelican Valley Senior Living seeks Lead Cook to join our fun, energetic dining team! This position is full time, flexible schedule with days or evenings and weekend hour opportunities.
Pelican Valley Senior Living is a three building senior living community in Pelican Rapids, Minnesota. We have a 33 bed care center, and two distinct assisted living communities that provide enhanced assisted living services and memory care assisted living. We have been a proud member of the Pelican Rapids community for more than 65 years.
- Enjoys food
- Loves having fun at work
- Works well independently and as a team
- Creates a positive impact in the lives of others
This position is responsible for proper food prep, cooking and service of food while recognizing special diets, resident’s dietary needs and requests. Maintains work area in proper order and follows established policies and procedures of the facility while demonstrating high levels of service. Complies with all federal and state regulations. Supports supervision of staff in the absence or in support of the Leadership Team.
1. Provides exemplary service to our residents, families and guests, ensuring all feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
2. Preps, prepares, cooks and serves meals to residents, families, guests and employees. Properly operates and maintains all equipment in the food preparation area. Accurately follows directions and recipes. Ability to convert recipes for various size groups. Follows production guidelines for best product usage, portion control and use of leftovers.
3. Maintains adequate inventory of food and supplies. Assists with inventory process as directed.
4. Assists in the supervision of dining staff in the absence or in support of the Leadership Team. Gives direction as needed and reports to the supervisor.
5. Maintains a clean, sanitary, safe and efficiently organized work area. Products will be labeled, dated and rotated ensuring an adequate, fresh inventory of food and supplies.
7. Ensures residents with special diets receive appropriate food. Accommodates resident requests promptly.
8. Demonstrates proper safety and sanitation techniques as part of the work.
9. Partners effectively with others in a demanding and changing environment, supports all employees within the community as directed by the leadership team.
10. Provides dining training for Resident Assistants. (Housing Only)
11. Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Current ServSafe certification or equivalent
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial kitchen experience
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Previous senior care experience preferred
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, PVSL's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. PVSL is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement. PVSL also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pelican Rapids, MN 56572, USA