Assistant Store Manager - Retail Associate
FULL TIME -
Kelly-Moore does more than just sell paint. We help make the world around you beautiful. It is a place to work with people who are creative and take pride in what they do. At Kelly-Moore, we bring amazing and passionate people together to make a difference and help our customers succeed. Our diverse group of thinkers and doers are dedicated to service, convenience, and quality for our customers. We are pleased to have the opportunity to share how we create, conserve, commit, contribute, care for and add color to our world.
We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager – Retail Associate to join our team.
Kelly-Moore offers an exceptional total rewards program for employees. On top of base compensation, the Assistant Store Managers are included in a sales incentive bonus plan. We offer various scheduling options to fit your needs. Which includes many locations having nights and Sundays off. We also offer generous paid time off for vacation, sick, floating holidays, birthdays, work anniversaries, and 9 paid holidays a year.
We have comprehensive training and development programs that fit the needs of your current role and your desired career path in hopes that you will stay with Kelly-Moore for a long time.
Finally, we have various options to support your medical, mental, and financial well-being, including benefits, a wellness program, ESOP and 401K retirement plan with an Employer Match feature.
If you like working in a fast-paced, fun, creative environment, helping customers with making their spaces and places beautiful then we want you! You will be a part of a team of individuals that bring their passion and pride to work every day. Apply today.
Under direct supervision, the Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager with the day-to-day operations of a Kelly-Moore Paint store.
- Demonstrate and promote exceptional customer service skills using Kelly-Moore Paint Company's Signature Service Standards and coaches the team to the same standard.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of company products, finishes and method of applications while assisting customers with selection of products as well as color as we progress through the sale process.
- Accurately tints paint and eye matches color.
- Collaborate with sales team in launching product promotions and developing strategies to generate and grow customer accounts.
- Promptly and effectively resolves customer and/or staff issues when the Store Manager is not available.
- Comply with the requirements of a retail store schedule, which may include opening the store early in the morning, and on weekends and holidays, and closing the store. May assist Store Manager in scheduling staff in order to meet business needs.
- Handle payment transactions, cash and charge verifications, deposits, change verifications and safe withdrawals following company protocols.
- Accurately prepares and/or contributes to the processing of operational and sales documents.
- Accurately handles the ordering process and receiving procedures; unloading and stocking incoming inventory.
- Age requirement: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand, communicate and implement store and corporate policies.
- Valid driver's license is preferred, and a safe driving record and the ability to operate a variety of vehicles including vans and flatbed trucks, if eligible to drive and business needs dictate.
- Successful completion of the company driver's safety and defensive driving course as required.
- Ability to use the Internet, computer software applications, databases and spreadsheets.
- English language skills, including a level of reading comprehension, and written and oral language conventions ordinarily attained by receiving a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Math skills of a number sense, measurement, geometry, and math reasoning as are ordinarily attained by receiving a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in paint/coatings, construction, home improvement industry, and/or retail.
To provide high quality, innovative products with exceptional service at a fair value.
Our Values and Culture
Here at Kelly-Moore we strive to recognize who our customers are and see the business and our products from their point of view. We are the largest employee-owned Coating Company in the United States and empower decision making at all levels of the organization. We embrace change with confidence, determination and commitment, and prioritize recognizing and developing talented employees as future leaders. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of fairness, honesty and decency, and are committed to being a responsible and innovative steward of the environment.
Kelly-Moore is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. We provide a safe work environment, all candidates post offer are subject to a background check, physical, and drug screen according to applicable laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hayward, CA, USA