Project Manager - Wall-Chicago Sales
We have an immediate opening for a Wall Project Manager to work from our showroom in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, IL.
This position will lead and manage all aspects of field-based Wall projects in the greater Chicago area from purchase order through to installation. The Project Manager will represent KI in project management meetings with customers, dealer partners, and installation partners at the job site, and will act as the liaison between KI Sales and Corporate Services. This position manages the process from Purchase Order through to installation ensuring customer deadlines and quality expectations are met. You will be required to have an extensive technical knowledge of KI Wall products and services, as well as a general knowledge of all KI products to provide exemplary service to KI customers.
Represent KI in project management meetings with customers, dealer partner and installation partners.
- Visit job sites to verify project details with clients.
- Establish and manage detailed project schedules from manufacturing through shipping, delivery and punch.
- Provide technical assistance to customers as it relates to our Wall product and product capabilities.
- Analyze blueprints and freehand drawings to determine project scope, specifications, dimensions, and requirements of Wall projects.
- Value engineer quotations and provide additional or alternate options to provide the end user with an attractive cost.
- Manage all final project close-out requirements including change orders and punch lists.
- Assist Designer with reviewing incoming RFP/bid requests, specifications and RFI’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction or project management
- Project Management Institute PMP or CAPM certification preferred
- Ability to understand discounts, commissions, accruals, sales tax, installation labor rates
- Understanding of building codes, hardware specifications and electrical systems
- Project management tools, techniques and software
- Previous experience reading/working with blueprints and freehand drawings
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We also offer a 401k plan with company match and an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement and certification assistance are just some of the other great benefits we offer.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Chicago, IL - Sales Office, 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite #1181, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Chicago, IL, USA