191 - Insurance Commercial Lines Agent I - Non-Producer
Scope of Work
Under the guidance of the Commercial Lines Manager, this candidate will service a book of business that they will be responsible to retain. In addition, he/she will cross sell business and provide customer support to their assigned producer.
Essential Functions (3)
- Daily Servicing - Process a variety of items inclusive of but not limited to: Changes, Certificates and ID cards, Claims, Cancellation Follow ups, client inquiries as well as carrier questions accurately and efficiently.
- Renewal Review & Marketing: Review and if necessary re-market existing accounts, average in complexity, in order to provide the client with the strongest coverage for the best price.
- New Business – Work hand in hand with production staff to input, market, follow up and provide support necessary to procure new business.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to applicable organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
Property & Casualty License
CIC,CISR or AAI designation preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Insurance Property & Casualty Coverages, Carriers & Products
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Carrier websites.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve coverage issues as well as identify client needs.
- Prior knowledge of Insurance Requirements is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
Desired Job Experience
- 5 years of related insurance experience
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Normally seated for extended periods of time
- Job Family Insurance
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Kennebunk, ME 04043, USA