76 - Customer Care Team Leader
Scope of Work
Under the guidance of the Assistant Manager, Customer Care, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the incumbent is responsible for the daily operations of a Customer Care team and will provide support for routing customers through the company’s various communication channels. The incumbent will manage escalated customer needs and will work directly with vendors regarding problem resolution. This position serves in a supervisor capacity and is responsible for organizational, people and financial management activities.
Essential Functions (3)
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and providing Problem Resolution:
- Responsible for fostering positive relationships with our customers and representing the bank in a positive light at all times.
- Develops training and best practices in support of delivering positive and effective customer service.
- Handles escalated customer issues and inquiries through effective problem resolution and exceptional customer service
- Proficient knowledge in the operational processes of Customer Care, Card Services, Deposit Services, and other operational departments
- Maintains proficient knowledge of company products and services as an internal subject matter expert prepared to deliver efficient resolution to customer issues
- Observes customer interactions on a daily basis to identify ways to improve efficiencies and customer outcomes.
- Actively shares best practices, insights and problem solving methods on a regular basis with the entire team.
- Provide day-to-day management and individual support of the Customer Care team including setting and managing priorities, establishing and driving timelines and other deliverables.
- Oversee employee activities related to handling customer calls, assisting with customer questions and resolving customer issues.
- Coach employees on communicating effectively with customers, offering guidance on key phrases, communication skills use of scripts to guide conversations.
- Mentor employees to help them develop active listening skills towards improving customer outcomes
- Responsible for assessing the work of the representatives and providing them feedback to maximize performance.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people, technology etc.)
- Coordinate training sessions to maintain high customer service standards and proficient knowledge amongst staff
- Evaluate performance with key metrics (accuracy, call-waiting time etc.) by monitoring calls/chats and analyzing statistics
- Organize daily huddles to discuss updates and empower staff to provide feedback/suggestions
- Coordinate with other department stakeholders to ensure alignment of procedures, best practices, upcoming changes and initiatives that may impact the Customer Care team
- Organizational Management – Works closely with management to ensure efficient daily operations of the department or area
- People Management – Trains, motivates and provides performance feedback to employees. Exhibits strong leadership by creating and promoting a positive environment, influencing others to achieve common goals and fostering effective relationships
- Financial Management – Coordinates resources to meet department budget. Maintains an awareness and promotes activity that ensures the organization meets its overall financial goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for onboarding activities
- Answer questions from staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Anticipate escalation and take over calls when needed
- Devise ways to optimize procedures and keep staff motivated
- Measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting etc.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems
- Prepare monthly/annual results and performance reports
- Promotes the Kennebunk Savings Brand by recommending our products and services, supporting our community focus & commitment to being a premier employer
- Understands, supports and adheres to applicable organizational policies/procedures and state/federal regulations
- Consistently emphasizes the importance of teamwork in the department and company at large
- Responsible for keeping abreast of company news and information
- Responsible for completing required training and policy review
- May serve on various committees
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and duties
Desired Certifications & Licenses:
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic internet functionality is preferred
- Displays high level of regard for trust and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Tech savvy with knowledge of telephone equipment and relevant computer programs
- Must possess leadership skills and the ability to motivate.
- Displays strong written and verbal communication skills
- Displays strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and remain positive and patient
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effectively uses analytical skills to solve technical, as well as, non-technical problems
- Prior knowledge of regulations within the financial services industry is preferred
- Ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics is preferred
Desired Job Experience
- 3+ years of banking sales and service experience is preferred
- Experience in a professional, service focused and fast-paced environment
- High school or General Education Diploma
Working Conditions/Minimum Physical Requirements
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable with minimal exposure to injury or other hazards
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Lifting and moving of moderately heavy objects on occasion
- Normally seated for extended periods of time
- Job Family Banking
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $51,272.00
- Max Hiring Rate $64,090.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Kennebunk, ME 04043, USA