2nd Shift Setup Mechanic I
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Department: Set up Mechanic
Works for the Maintenance Department but must also interface with the Engineering Department and Production Department to maintain efficiencies.
Performs set up, repair, preventative maintenance and on line adjustments to production equipment.
- Class “I” is responsible for having all machinery assigned to them (certain, specified production equipment and machinery) in a department in good running condition, correctly located and properly adjusted for scheduled production.
- He or she must be capable of diagnosing problems or faults of machines assigned to them and be able to make all minor repairs to maintain production and minimize downtime.
- He or she must be able to know the channels for obtaining assistance.
- He or she must have a general knowledge of the production equipment, its maintenance requirements, set up procedures and applications relating to the operations of assigned department.
- He or she must know GMP regulations concerning housekeeping, recordkeeping, cleaning and sanitation procedures of all production and processing equipment assigned to them.
- Responsible for following all safety regulations including but not limited to, wearing goggles, face shields, welding helmets, proper clothing, equipment lockout procedures, etc.
- Must be capable of learning and improving skills for advancement.
- Must be able to work as an assistant, or under the direction of, other mechanics of a higher classification and the Lead Mechanic.
- Responsible for the proper documentation of machine operation through the use of downtime and/or preventative maintenance sheets on assigned equipment.
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but this does not exclude other occasional work that may be required in conformity with the job grade.
- High School or equivalency diploma required.
- Entry level mechanical position with one to three years of related experience.
- Display basic mathematical abilities.
- Display basic mechanical ability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Indirect
- kdc/one Port Jervis, 20 West King Street, Port Jervis, New York, United States of America