Science - Director Product Marketing
The Director, Science Product Marketing leads the strategy and drives development of solutions for Savvas Science K-8. This role owns the product strategy and works to translate strategic business objectives into actionable development initiatives that drive value for the business. As such, this role is responsible for defining market requirements, determining optimal solutions, including presentation of financial models and customized product. The Director also must stay close with customer and market needs to ensure that the strategy is grounded in a deep understanding of the K-12 context in which the product is purchased and utilized.
- Drives product strategy for new products in the Savvas K-12 science portfolio: including, but not limited to market positioning, pricing, marketing, and sales strategy.
- Manages the customization of our science flagship products for K-8, as well as select development initiatives.
- The Director works closely with the Director of Product Management 9-12, Product Development, Custom, Platform Team and the larger product management team to ensure goals and strategy are aligned.
- Engages in continuous assessment of K-8 market needs through frequent interactions with external and internal stakeholder groups. Understanding the needs of the customer and being able to clearly articulate those needs to Product Development is an essential job function.
- Performs frequent competitive analyses and review market offerings in comparison to our products.
- Frequently reviews product usage data, which serve as a directional input to future product roadmap choices.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance existing products and innovate new products in order to increase market share and drive revenue growth.
- Prepares business plans and businesses cases for both Open Territory and State Adoption solutions.
- Frequently interacts with Finance to develop P&L statements for custom product development and sales.
- Develops product proposals and related financial planning, including development of business case (cost/benefit) analysis and ongoing management of allocated capex budget.
- Presents business plans/cases and change requests to upper management as needed.
- Works closely with training and marketing communications teams as subject matter expert on product capabilities and product roadmap, to support preparation of training, support, and promotional materials.
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience as a Product Manager, Business Development Manager, Project Manager, or equivalent, preferably in the testing or education market.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Additional Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Demonstrated / documented success defining or sourcing, launching and managing profitable products.
- Proven track record of effectively engaging the target market: prospective and existing customers, partners and other stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated negotiation, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Travel requirements: up to 10% travel
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.
- Job Family AIP Eligible
- Pay Type Salary
- United States