Staff Accountant - Financial Reporting
Savvas Learning is seeking a Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting to work in our Paramus, NJ office. The Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting will be responsible for leading research on complex accounting topics, develop the Company’s accounting policies, and support the Finance organization. In addition, this position will be responsible for the preparation of quarterly financial statements and liaison with external and internal auditors and advisors.
The position will provide practical direction for the global Finance and Accounting organization in the areas of technical and complex accounting policies and guidelines. The Manager, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting will work on specific projects, including revenue recognition and leases, compliance issues related to process improvements, or corporate initiatives, and specific issues related to the implementation of new accounting guidance. In addition to revenue and leases, the position will be responsible for all technical accounting issues affecting the business.
· Research technical accounting and financial reporting questions and draft position papers on different issues; provide guidelines on the application of accounting standards to different stakeholders.
· Lead the establishment of accounting policies and their maintenance including ASC 606, ASC 842 and other.
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements, including preparing financial statements and disclosures related to new/complex transactions, changes in accounting standards/policies and bank covenants.
· Monitor and review new accounting pronouncements, and provide recommendations and guidance on their implementation, including financial and operational impact.
· Assist management in preparing audit support to be provided to external auditors and other stockholders.
· Partner with different stakeholders to support acquisitions, including purchase accounting and accounting integration.
· Research and recommend business practices that enhance and improve the operations of the Finance organization.
· Liaising with external auditors, advisors, and consultants.
· BA or BS degree in finance/economics/accounting.
· 7+ years of working in the technical accounting field. Preferably at a Big 4 Firm.
· In-depth knowledge of GAAP standards.
· Operational experience with revenue recognition and leases.
· CPA license or equivalent knowledge/experience is a plus.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume corporate environment.
· Experience with SAP or similar enterprise level ERP systems is a plus.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Critical thinking skills with proactive problem solving
· Ability to translate complex accounting issues into simple language to explain to peers and stakeholders
This position cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Savvas is a drug free workplace.
Savvas Learning Company provides access to a benefits experience created to offer our employees choice, flexibility, and the opportunity to save money for the future. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tax-advantaged accounts, pharmacy, life insurance, disability insurance, matching 401(k), and paid time off. Our benefits are part of a total package that is carefully designed to support the total well-being of our employees.
- Pay Type Salary
- Paramus, NJ 07652, USA