The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling machine(s) and machine parts according to specifications.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Reads and follows blueprints, shop orders, specifications and other instructions in order to build and assemble parts and equipment in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Measures parts accurately using scales, micrometers and calipers.
- Operates overhead crane and fork trucks while moving or assembling product.
- Cleans work area.
- Prepares parts for painting.
- Assembles simple to moderately complex assemblies.
- Occasional travel including travel abroad to assist in installation of kits & machinery.
Description of Marginal Job Functions:
- Operates lathe and milling equipment.
- Does welding operations and plasma cutting as necessary.
- May help train new employees as needed.
Qualification Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.)
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma.
- Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and to make metric system conversions.
- Must have the ability to read and understand blueprints and other manufacturing instructions.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to use hand tools and machine tools such as drill press, band saw, cut-off saw and grinder.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
- Must be able to collaborate with others (including in person) to proactively develop solutions.
- Basic knowledge of carpentry and pneumatics a plus.
Protective Clothing Required: The incumbent will utilize safety glasses, ear protection, gloves, safety shoes while performing the duties of this position.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.)
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, reach above shoulders and use foot/feet to operation machinery. The incumbent will regularly talk and listen, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. H/she will frequently stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or touch, and move from place to place. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 75 pounds, will regularly lift up to 50 pounds and will frequently lift up to 25 pounds, such as lifting machine parts and components.
Tools/Equipment Utilized: During the performance of his/her duties, the employee will utilize various hand tools, portable power tools, measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, scales and indicators, overhead cranes and fork lifts, stationery power tools such as lathe, band saw, grinder, as well as tap & die equipment and a computer.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee works in a factory environment and is occasionally exposed to work in high places, fumes or airborne particles. He/she is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. Occasional travel on company business will be required. The noise level in the work environment is normally loud, but can get very loud when using specific types of equipment.
The above statement reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation describes and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel % 5
- Curt G. Joa, Inc., 100 Crocker Avenue, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America