Machine Safety & Compliance Coordinator
Coordinate and maintain company’s safety and compliance programs to ensure machinery designs are consistent, safe to operate and meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions of the Job:
- Company’s key contact for machinery related safety concerns.
- Maintain personal expertise in the evolving field of machinery safety and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct machinery risk assessments, initiate corrective action plans and compliance testing to satisfy any applicable global/international/regional compliance requirement for machinery including CE, CSA, UL, OSHA, ATEX, etc., etc..
- Coordinate safety and compliance training programs and activities with key customers.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of directives, regulations, standards and best practices for machinery design, construction and testing.
- Coordinate safety labeling.
- Create, review, edit and maintain machine safety documentation inclusive of SISTEMA or equivalent software.
Occasional Job Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Education generally equivalent to a Bachelor of Science Degree or a related discipline and/or equivalent experience. It is desirable for incumbents to have advanced safety knowledge, training certification a preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of industrial safety experience.
- Strong oral, written, organization and presentation skills to effectively communicate with employees, outside customers and vendors concerning safety and compliance issues.
- Strong knowledge of safety and compliance issues relating to industrial machinery.
- Ability to assess safety of design and function of machinery.
- Ability to assess compliance of design and function of machinery.
- Ability to enforce safety policies and practices while conducting classroom and hands-on training.
- Knowledge of and the ability to properly use a variety of precision and standard measurement devices, tools and testing equipment.
- Ability to use audio visual and imaging equipment, Microsoft Office software, Adobe software, AutoCAD and Solid Edge.
- Pay Type Salary
- Curt G. Joa, Inc., 100 Crocker Avenue, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America